Walmart

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by Dave_in_AZ, Jan 11, 2018.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I use them occasionally for hard to find books. A little bit of music specific to my limited and really bad Big Pipe skills. And there are a few history books related to military units within which my family has fought in for particular information that may not have been written about in the war college reports on those units.

I don't depend on Amazon, it's only if all other sources have failed for a particular item. I think I scored a i73930 CPU for 400 from florida cash when retails were closer to 900 on newegg and other sources for that holiday time. It's got about 16000 hours on it now and running well.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    I worked at an amazon distro during a holiday season for some extra money. Those places are massive and most processes are automated. I would recommend anyone who has the chance to tour one of them. It’s something else. Worked as a picker, you definitely stay in shape.

Left after the holidays though. The pay wasn’t there, you work 11 and a half hour shifts most labor intensive. They give you two half an hour breaks. Remember from where I worked it took me over 5 minutes go get past security and out to my car. So half an hour was more like 15 minutes. Had to walk all the way back and get signed back into my system and have a pod at my station ready to be picked before I was considered off break. So it ended up being about 8-10 minutes before the 30 I had to head back in. Believe me when you work those hours doing that labor 10 minutes is a long time. Always had to eat really fast to keep properly nurished.

All in all it wasn’t too bad. Glad I did it. Reminds me how lucky I am to be able to work better jobs with better pay and less labor.

Got to see another warehouse where they did local deliveries. I remember all their vans had bald front wheel tires. Lol

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    They closed a Sam's near where i live...it's only been open 6mos...

5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    They might land in Northern VA.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. AZ Pete

AZ Pete Medium Load Member

Dec 27, 2017
    The nerve of business. Not keeping locations open just so people can have a job....................
    Who do they think they are, being in business to make a profit.....................

grabberblue12 Thanks this.
  7. ReeferRick

ReeferRick Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2018
    Or Raleigh/Durham

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.