Want to avoid getting burned by a lease-purchase agreement?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by rookietrucker, Dec 13, 2009.

1. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    You are NOT an O/O if you "Lease-Purchase" a truck. You ARE one if you lease OR purchase a truck. A "Lease-Purchase" is nothing more than paying a company to operate THEIR equipment. If it weren't, you could take that truck and go anywhere else you wish... like an owner or actual lessee.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brucesmith

Brucesmith Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2012
    This subject forum is ridiculous. As others have stated you are not leasing. Morel like oke renting. Youhave zero equity. Waste of money. You do not hold title and in many cases the carrier dies not have title.

4. markealy

markealy Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2013
    EL PASO
    no but i made 400k in a yr ....just saying

5. Brucesmith

Brucesmith Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Sure you did! NOT

catdog45 Thanks this.
  6. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Sure he did... Gross. That's only an average of $7,692.30 a week. Minus $2,500 in fuel, $1,500 in truck payment, $300 in trailer rental, $800 in bobtail insurance, $250 in tolls, $1400 held for the tax man, $700 for the maintenance account, and $200 for food/sundries, leaving him $42.30 to not blow all in one place.

7. chimbotano

chimbotano Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2013
    LOL

catdog45 Thanks this.
  8. Heaveninamoment

Heaveninamoment Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Milky Way
    some
    some people have no other choice and they do finish the purchase and walk away better than what they could have done for themselves since they had no other option.

9. ColoradoLinehaul

ColoradoLinehaul Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2021
    Colorado
    Thanks for a great thread. You all just saved me from making a huge mistake.

wifi_guru, catdog45 and MartinFromBC Thank this.
  10. chimbotano

chimbotano Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2013
    at least you took the time to read and educate yourself. I did the same . I subscribed here in 2013 and I read and educate myself about this industry. As result I continue being 100% independent O/O. I only haul loads that are worth my time and effort.
    Now , imagined that most of those guys who want to get into this industry would educate themselves before making stupid decisions !!
    we will have fair rates , fair treatment by FMCSA ,DOT, brokers /shipper/receivers and everyone else in this industry.
    in my opinion, this industry is so fkd up , because most of us are so #### ignorants and uneducated. we don't know how this business function.
    when those people and entities I named above , are not being fair with us, all we have to do is refuse to haul it , park our trucks and wait and see how long those warehouses can hold their merchandise. wait and see how long can people hold without groceries and goods in their homes.

catdog45, Mpaul, DRTDEVL and 2 others Thank this.
  11. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI

^^^^^ Be careful of this guy.
    •New member.
    •Chicago-based.
    •Adverts for lease-operators, all over the country.
    •Spamming TTR.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2023
    catdog45 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.