Wanting to try reefer

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by tmb0507, Jun 7, 2017.

1. jeff18

jeff18 Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2014
    pittsburgh, pa
    Just hauled a dry liadllast week new jJerse to north dakotD

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    Love my reefer... just love my dry van more.

jeff18 Thanks this.
  4. Metallica88

Metallica88 Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Freymiller or Schuster

5. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    Tyson really good people I loved them problem was I couldn't get home.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I hae not had too much trouble with Tyson. Mr Dowdy in Batesville had account with them. Gave me a Seattle run out of Fayetteville due in 3 days and change. One could argue it was a team load. But I was running in my prime and it was what I was made to do.

Particularly when Omaha was expecting a Blizzard Conditions and 2 feet drifting (My next fuel stop at the TA there.) over the first evening of the run. Snowflakes were flying when I got fuel up good 1600 miles in them tanks lett's go. Bismarck SD was calling for storm conditions sufficient to close 80 maybe. I started thinking Fargo as a alternate. Storm was HUGE going into the morning sun of the second day. Got a pic of the Old Town that was pretty much wiped out in the snows.

The problem was fuel in Montana. 1600 miles in those tanks. But I did not count on the winds I fought to get there. So I managed to find more of it.

Long story short I was in Seattle on time 9 am sharp. Now the big pass east of there on 90 was a toss up ice or not? Chains or not? Sorta in between. SO we got lucky there.

I hope they enjoyed their fried chickens, I think 48200 in ice box whole ones.

7. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    American Foods , Green Bay Wi , 57c a mile, detention , private carrier paid orientation lunch with ceo , nice equipment , meat discount , deep pockets old money. , its my first post been lurking for years.

Crystal Print , Appleton Wisconsin , 90k a year dry van , another private carrier with deep pockets , Must be able to run Canada.

Warner Electric , Appleton Wisconsin , pedal run nights to there closed stores ,. Starts at 25$ hour , Private Carrier.

I prefer Private Carriers always seems to be a all around better deal for the driver.

The Fox Valley driver market is red hot right now , Experienced CDL A drivers can just about name there price within reason , if you stay away from the Megas.

8. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    I’d hate to see your LONG stories!!

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.