Warner good or bad?

Discussion in 'Werner' started by thorpekirk91, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Davezilla

Davezilla Medium Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Maybe after taxes and a family insurance plan. I never made that little the entire time I was with Werner. If he is making $400 at this supposed 25cpm you are claiming... hes only getting 1500 miles. My worst week ever was 1600... a typical week is at least 2000, even when Im on accounts that pay 36cpm or more. I currently make 38 solo... and I get 2500 no problem... $950 before any stop pay.

I mean, if someone is doing dollar general, gets $40 a trailer plus $15 a stop... they are making more than $400 just from the unload pay. If they only do 1500 miles at the minimum dollar general pay, they would be making more than another $400. Thats the minimum. Some of the DG locations pay better.

Unless he can provide some proof, Im not buying it. We have another member on here who posts his checks, and hes doing like $700 a week.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Davezilla

May 19, 2009
    Thats a cheap shot, but I didnt expect much better. Here is the very same website with a covenant logo... oh my. http://www.roadmaster.com/truck_school_Chattanooga_Tennessee.php

KPEsNXo.jpg

Anybody who has ever been to roadmasters knows that they school for just about every major company. Each of their locations has a little logo of the major company that donated the trucks. Nothing more. Roadmasters isnt owned by any of them, and has nothing to do with Werner.

Like I said, Werner does not train their own drivers. Roadmasters has nothing to do with Werner... Roadmasters has locations everywhere and send students to just about every major company in existence. Not just Werner.

Where the heck did you get the idea that Werner owns the companies that send students to their own competition?

4. Lowa3468

Lowa3468 Heavy Load Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Portland, Or
    How about checking the address?

sorry but but it's Werner terminal and that's where it's held at so not a cheap shot.

10251 Calabash Ave. Fontana,CA 92335 View Map | Get Directions

T_TRUCKER• Thanks this.
  5. Davezilla

May 19, 2009
    And they have addresses at other companies as well. Are you now saying that Werner secretly owns Roadmasters to try and infiltrate their competition with terrible training?

Werner doesnt own Roadmasters. Roadmasters trains students, and SOME... SOME OF THEM... go to Werner. They also go to every major company out there.

My own uncle went to Roadmasters and then started with Covenant. Do you see me trying to claim a Roadmasters in Tampa is owned by covenant in Chatanooga?

Enough with the conspiracy theories already.

6. Lowa3468

Feb 10, 2014
    Portland, Or
    Ok, there is no way to help someone like you who likes to blow smoke up peoples butt, I was there, and know what I know. Unlike most, I tell both sides the good along with the bad, so therefore if you feel the truths hurt so be it. I spent 3 years in that crap hole, and I'm glad I'm out, did I have some good times sure, but seen allot more bad then good.

you still can't or won't answer the pre-pass issue, you bloat the actual wages, and you know what sure some will listen to you some won't. And those that do listen to you will eventually end up here and yet again you will try to point out how they as the driver was at fault, and not the company, dispatcher ect...

it seems to me it's more important for you to try and get the last word in, instead of looking at it as a biased bystander, to misinform others is far more harmful then giving an IMO or something one can prove.

T_TRUCKER• Thanks this.
  7. Davezilla

May 19, 2009
    Are you blind? I posted a link to the CSA scores... proving you wrong. The Prepass has nothing to do with CSA score. Prepass uses an entirely different system... and even Crete lost their prepass years ago. Why arent you over throwing a tantrum in the Crete thread?

You guys tried to say Werner was a CDL mill like CR England or Stevens. They arent. They do not have a school, they only have schools they are affiliated with... schools that send drivers to every company you can think of. How does taking students from the same schools as everyone else make Werner a CDL mill? If they are a mill, why do those students get 4-10 times longer training, and college credit at some of the schools?

My entire point is that people basically accuse Werner of all sorts of conspiracy theories, and then act surprised when they cant make it.

You are trying to tell me that you know more about my own pay rate that I know. You are ignoring that we have other people here who are posting their own pay stubs from the Werner driver portal... but you dont provide any evidence in the slightest.

One of the other guys was talking about his DG trailer unload pay... $115 a trailer. Thats a minimum of $30,000 a year, just for the unload pay. If someone is willing to work for it, they can absolutely make a living at Werner. Werner will offer a driver several ways to make a living...its up to the driver to be willing.

But then again, I went through this thing called the "recession" and barely survived... I was happy as hell to be making a living wage.

8. Lowa3468

Feb 10, 2014
    Portland, Or
    Man if you only knew what I knew it would blow your mind, but some of this privy info doesn't just come from dispatchers, drivers, etc... Most of the info comes from high ranking sources. And just because I don't feel that I am at liberty to divulge who, etc... Because of my sources then you believe what you want and you can post those csa links, as they are not completely up to date. I know they are not completely up to date because when I check where I am at now it shows less trucks, and doesn't show the inspections I had done just this last month.

i would tend to believe those that have gotten people fired, on more than one occasion then I would someone who spouts off stuff they have no clue about.

I have proof of some of these routes and it's a known fact that there are over 200 different pay scales? Why would a company who runs trucks need to have over 200 pay scales.

Second you pointing out about pre-pass, seems pretty logical to me that Werner isn't the only company that is running pre-pass sure there are lots that do, and on that note just because a company loses privelages doesn't make, or deem the pre-pass as non-dot compliant, and therefore if that was the case nobody would be using it at all. Again your point on the pre-pass issue is mute, as it doesn't matter if it's pre-pass or nor-pass if one loses it there has to be a reason for it. (And I'm sure not paying for it wouldn't be one of the reasons.)

Attached Files:

9. X-Country

X-Country Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2014
    because we had a very high number of winter driving accidents. One of Werner's training policies I don't agree with is, is that if a student "doesn't feel safe" he/she is not required to drive in inclement conditions.

well if you don't drive in inclement conditions during training...how the hell are you supposed to learn at all?

This, I believe is the #1 contributing factor to the high number of accidents in the winter months.

Anyhow, we got our EZ-PASS/Pre-Pass back, because i've been getting green lighted at every weigh station the past 3 weeks.

Lowa3468 Thanks this.
  10. wanttotruck

wanttotruck Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2014
    DFW
    Can't imagine why any students would turn down drive time in adverse weather conditions. I want all the experience I can get. I was really happy to get to drive the mountains through i84 in pouring rain and was looking forward to getting some drive time in the snow, but the snow was pretty mild.

275 hours isn't a lot and I want to be prepared for anything that comes my way. I was actually upset for not getting my cdl sooner so I could get some real winter weather training.

As for the pre pass, ours hasn't given us the green light a single time. But it hasn't shown red either, duno what that means.

Lowa3468 and X-Country Thank this.
  11. mattbnr

mattbnr Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Tama,Iowa
    It means your prepass isn't working. It's turned off or the batteries dead in it and the units junk.

X-Country Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.