Watch out for Heniff

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Chemdriver65, May 11, 2018.

1. Luke628

Luke628 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    Nearly 100% of Drivers have used a phone for GPS which isn’t illegal in Texas only texting and web surfing while driving is illegal. But many companies have taken a hard line because of high liability.

Nearly 100% of Drivers have at some point not worn a seatbelt.

So I’m not gonna give you a hard time for doing those things. But know most companies will either fire you or at minimum give you a good arse chewing.

I once got a seatbelt ticket in commercial vehicle but I didn’t tell company. Just went to court to fight it and the cop didn’t show so it got tossed. Company never found out.

I’m very very careful with the cell phone as DOT around here like to hide with binoculars and nail drivers for using the phone.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    And you got fired for that ? I have to think that you were on some kind of ####-list, either formal or informal, and the ticket was just the excuse the company needed to drop you.
    We've had a couple of guys get seatbelt tickets. They still work here.

4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I believe the issue is coming from the “hand held” side of this.

drvrtech77 and lagging Thank this.
  5. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Good luck finding another job.

6. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Yeah a driver hauling chemicals not wearing a seatbelt messing with a cell phone.........that's enough to be given walking papers.

7. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Actually there may be a few of us just curious as to what the violation was the reason being then we'd know for sure if your boss was being unreasonable or not? That makes sense doesn't it? Best to hear both sides of a story before hastily making a judgement huh?

Elg1968 Thanks this.
  8. raiseyourpay0000

raiseyourpay0000 Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2018
    Heniff Local guys make 20 an hour 30 an hour after 40 I was there for a few months out of Pasadena. They do have a lease purchase program it’s a walk away lease from what I’ve heard.

9. Tdgraham

Tdgraham Light Load Member

May 29, 2015
    I have to agree heniff is terrible company if your looking for stability I was terminated as a o/o because I was supposely coming down i75 in Kentucky 4 miles over the posted limit loaded there are full of ish dont waste your time with heniff if your seeking job security

10. bobthesailor

bobthesailor Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Huntington,Tx
    I refuse to apply to Henniff from their reviews,where there is smoke there is fire.

11. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    I see this is a year old but never seen it.
    Seat belt and cell phone are both no tolerance and both are automatically fired.
    The 4mph over speed? They just used that as excuse to fire you, Has to be move to that story.
    In 5yrs here I've had over the limit speeds, But never close to being fired.
    The Saftey guy here I've never met, or talked to. Which means I'm doing something right

kemosabi49 and bzinger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.