Well, it did not take long

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by DUNE-T, Dec 20, 2019.

1. MidwestGator

MidwestGator Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2020
    Feel free to inbox me. I’d rather not release my information to avoid the situation where my personal posts are used as official guidance. That’s not the purpose of my participation on these forums. I used to be in your seat and understand how policy changes are slow to get to the driver.

Regarding PC: we leave this for your carriers to dictate. Hopefully your carrier has a carrier specific PC policy. I know some carriers have a zero PC policy and I know others have a mileage limit.
    From an investigator standpoint I can say pc abuse is very easily found on logs. One memorable example of abuse I’ve found was a driver hitting his 11 in Cincinnati and driving off duty claiming PC to go get his medicine refilled in Newark. Just so happens his load was getting delivered to Boston....
    I personally don’t really dig into pc unless it’s over 30 miles. If this doesn’t answer your question, inbox me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Yup, and ya got a ton of expenses like every other form of trucking...

4. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    For me its not working 14 hrs. If I can get home to do reset with family instead of ####ty truck stop that's what matters to me. Besides who sleeps 10 hrs? If I sleep 6-7 hrs I'm ready to go, don't need #### government to control me.
    People should control government not the other way around

5. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    "excessive use of PC"

Who gets to decide how much is excessive?

Dieselboss Thanks this.
  6. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

It’s a gray area. PC can be used unlimitedly if you can prove to the DOT officer you aren’t under a load and on time off. Now if you’re under a load, you don’t want to be logging 1 hr every day as that will warrant suspicion of using PC to advance the load. The officer will check when PC started and ended, and go from there.

7. Dieselboss

Dieselboss Technology Contributor

Feb 19, 2009
    DieselBoss.com
    By the letter of the law, there is actually no such thing as "excessive PC" because it is technically unlimited if the carrier allows it such. The LEO is supposed to be determining where it is "legit" PC and not really "excessive" PC.

I have a customer who uses his big ARI sleeper rig (bathroom, kitchen, etc) with a motorcycle lift to go to Sturgis every year (from his home in Florida.) He does 4,000 miles on PC and takes a week to do it. He uses his rig like an RV while he is there.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  8. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID
    How come Omnitracs only lets you print logs no older than 6 months.

9. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Because that's all they keep. Fed law says it must be kept for 6 months and no carrier in their right mind would keep more as if it's there it can be looked at during an audit.
    Basically it complies with the retention laws, but also gets deletes older logs as that's what the customer (motor carrier) demanded.

Every ELD (and AOBR for that matter) I've seen does this.

BoostedTeg Thanks this.
  10. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID
    I’m aware that carriers need to only keep 6 months. I just thought that the elog would be able to go back further that’s all.

Dieselboss Thanks this.
  11. timidlady

timidlady Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2018
    My ELD is some ##### of a lady that likes to turn on every 15 minutes while I'm supposed to sleep. So glad my rest period is so restful. ELD malfunction has occurred! Every 10 to 15 minute . So now I'm desensitized to her ##### voice and I miss important messages coming in from my carrier while I'm sleeping. I have to set a timer if I'm napping while I wait for a new load. I can't always hear the new message arrival if im asleep. Basically I dont sleep.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.