Werner 3/2010 anything New

Discussion in 'Werner' started by foodmojo, Apr 18, 2010.

1. foodmojo

foodmojo Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2009
    chesapeake Virginia
    I'm just starting with werner and am intrested in others take on the company. I'd like some fresh info on info being that it's 2010 on werner, is anyone making money? How is the Equip now? Are you busy? How many mile per week? and lets try to keep it proffessional, anyone wanting to just keep bashing for the sake of just bashing tell your therapist.

Thanks everyone in advance; Information is power, your helping others with your experience and i'm proud to be a part of the family:biggrin_25519:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GAPathfinder

GAPathfinder Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Interested in some of the feedback to, as I will be starting school in May here in Jacksonville, FL, and have gotten a pre-hire from Werner for solo National 48 state van division.

Curious to here more about their sliding pay scale rate (cpm).

4. Deuce

Deuce Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Earth
    i started with werner 2 months ago and so far everything is going ok. i was hired as a team driver and i did that for like a week and a half before my teammate quit because he didnt like using the qualcomm. so after he quit i been solo at the moment and my first load by myself was 1200 miles. but recently i been helping out on this family dollar dedicated account in rome new york so i dnt know how my dispatcher is going to run me when i get off this account. but if u just starting with the company i say just try to keep a positive attitude and do what u are suppose to do

Injunjoe Thanks this.
  5. foodmojo

foodmojo Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2009
    chesapeake Virginia
    Thanks for the post, When i spoke with the recruiter I told him I WANTED OTR (I like to travel), and he spoke to me about regional and dedicated family dollar. The Family dollar account pays 900. wk but it's 100% unload and I'm not sure exactly what that entails.........(other than making good money) . But it would suck I think to drive all day and night and then unload a whole tractor trailer:biggrin_25512:........Is it all Palates? or Boxes on the floor? If it's all palates i guess it would'nt be too bad. It might not be bad doing teams for a while (i hear you can make some serious money) , so that might also be an option. Hell I don't know if i even have a choice, you know, they hired me :biggrin_2554:.

6. Deuce

Deuce Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Earth
    on family dollar its just boxes stack on the floor to the ceiling. some stores have 1200 to1500 cases to unload at one store. but it depends on how many stores u have to deliver to that day. its alot of work to unload the whole trailer by yourself then have to drive back to the dc. im only a temp driver for them i will bw back to otr soon....

foodmojo Thanks this.
  7. springbrake

springbrake Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2010

Are you Family Dollar or Dollar General?:biggrin_2552: Thanks, just curious!:yes2557:

8. bigtex07

bigtex07 Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Las Vegas,NV
    i head out with werner in a couple weeks and was looking at regional or dedicated. i like the physical aspect of having to unlead the trailer(hell, might be the only workout youl really do on a truck). but as posted above, driving 5-11hrs, then olading for 3-6 hours will take a beating on you. thanks for all the responses and lets keep em coming.

9. crabby125

crabby125 Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Scotch Plains
    Im on the Sears dedicated account here in the Northeast region and I like it, It doesnt pay as much as Family Dollar, but then again, you dont touch the load. just open the doors and back in and wait. Some of the Docks are pretty tough to get into, but if your new or and have no experience, its a great account to be on. like the family dollar account, Your skills will be tested at times and it will help you be a better backer.

My advice is Dont go into this company (or any company) with high expectations. Expect the worst. I came into this company with bad expectations, ( based on what others here posted) and its better than what I was expecting. For me pay is decent and I live comfortably with the werner pay. The only negative I have is dealing with the terminal employees, they are nasty sons of B!#@es. avoid the terminal and you'll be fine.

10. bigtex07

bigtex07 Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Las Vegas,NV

hey crabby. thanks for posting. with that account whats your hometime like? i know being a newbie.. hometime will be limited, but i would like somewhat of a life not on wheels. yea i look at it as ok, as new drivers... the high pay companies wont even look at us.. so we just have to take what we can get and pay our dues.

so far my prehires(im with a school in town) are werner and covenant, but im not to up for the teaming ALL the time thing..:biggrin_25512:

11. crabby125

crabby125 Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Scotch Plains
    They gave me the option of having off 1 day a week or 2 days every two weeks. I chose the 2 day option. If I get really lucky, I usually park at this one consignee that is a 30 minute drive away from home. My GF picks me up and I spend the night home after I MT out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.