Werner still have Flatbed division?

Discussion in 'Werner' started by doninwooster, Feb 24, 2018.

1. aramil248

aramil248 Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Maine
    how was it? I'm interested in doing it once a spot opens up

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Davezilla

Davezilla Medium Load Member

May 19, 2009
    I did flatbed for Werner, their boat division is excellent and has a significant number of million milers and two million milers. Annett Griffon is the manager, and she was probably the best manager I ever had. I left after Werner Corporate promoted my old dispatcher, who was basically a psychopath.

But the boat division and the managers are really very good people, and the drivers are fairly close and helpful to one another. The factories are a bit rough, but filled with generally good people. Otherwise you wouldnt have so many 20 and 30 year Werner employees still working for them.

They usually take drivers from the Missouri/Kansas area, but many are not. They do very basic training and its fairly easy stuff for flatbed, just dont scrape the paint.

But if you want standard flatbed, they do not train standard flatbeds, so you would need experience.

I previously was trained and worked for Hunt (not JB Hunt, but little Hunt out of Omaha) and they are an excellent place to learn flatbed. Their office workers are very professional and decent people. They got rid of their one problem manager, and Ive only heard good things since they got rid of him.

I would highly recommend either the Werner boat division or Hunt. But I would avoid Werner solo van division like the plague. And I mean that seriously, if they were to put you in the van division, dont even show up. Just go somewhere else.

4. aramil248

aramil248 Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Maine
    eh I'm doing solo van just to get experience and so far other than one load them not having any idea when it was even finished loading (it was mainly shippers fault) its OK at least I got given a older freightliner without that annoying lane departure stuff

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.