Western Express

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MGE Dawn, Nov 21, 2019.

1. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    That's what sucks about some of these companies they don't care about the drivers a bit . It's all about the dollar and they want you to drive like a machine . They don't care if you are sick . But they wonder why they get hit with these massive lawsuits

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    That company went to h*** in a hand basket after I left. When I was there they were loosing contracts left and right because of the s***** condition of their trailers-and they knew d*** well half of those trailers were well past their shelf life(including the Utility trailers acquired from SMX most of the Hyundai trailers in their fleet at the time were 10 years old and were maintenance heavy).

MGE Dawn, D.Tibbitt and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  4. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Thats kind of the point of this forum. You know, complaining about companies who did you wrong or others wrong.
    If you drive for Swift or Western I would think complaining would go hand in hand with working for those outfits.
    And I can tell you that being sick under a load is often viewed by these OTR outfits as just some dude who doesn't want to work.
    Hell Knight Trans had a guy tell them he was sick & all they cared about is getting the equipment to the terminal . The dude died before he got there & Knight didn't even put out a APB for 2 days.

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I am pulling for you. It would not be the first time I walked from a failing company. If the situation is not a win win all around and so forth as you described, walk.

Come visit sometime and tell us of a better outfit later on that you are doing well with. Who will listen to your regulations and not force you. Or pay you so low. .30 goes all the way back to almost the 1978 era. Then again .30 was a hell of alot of money back in the early 80s

MGE Dawn, D.Tibbitt and mjd4277 Thank this.
  6. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    You can't take it personal alot of these companies especially the bigger ones could care less about a driver. I'm willing to bet that if it came between 2 loads being rejected and bought by the carrier or one of their good drivers dying on home time . I'm willing to bet they'd call his death cost of business. It's looking more and more like you just got to Wade through the water to find a company you can tolerate or buy your own #### and run it yourself.

7. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    So true about the Mega Carriers few years back had a big snow storm that had I80 west Ohio Turnpike pretty much shut down trucks, 4 wheelers in ditches it was a total mess. I’m inside the plaza getting something to eat in walks a Werner driver cussing up a storm he had called his dispatcher and told him it was not safe to drive good ole desk jockey told him he had to get that load there regardless of the weather and shutting down was not an option.

8. 88228822

88228822 Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Speaking generally, when a driver is new to a particular mega and gets sick right away, it seems natural for the dispatchers to assume you are someone who malingers anytime they feel like it. Is this unfair? Sure. The fact is that a bottom feeder carrier goes both ways - the office folks deal with the worst of the worst as far as drivers.

Turnover is such that you get sorted into a category pretty quick based on how you run. Illness is unavoidable overall. However, many people would he sick less frequently if they took better care of their health. These general ideas are not directed specifically at the OP.

9. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Did they actually send a message via the QC, demanding that you drive while ill? If so...I hope you took a picture of the messages.

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    And especially documented so and so by name company rank and so on. What they said etc.

11. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    ;) They hung themselves far, FAR worse than they probably realize

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.