Western Express

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MGE Dawn, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    What's up, Frank? Blood donations down these days?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    I'm a bit triggered. And I guarantee I'll be around next year. And I've changed jobs faster than some drivers change their underoos.

I will not get pushed. I will not drive in what I consider to he dangerous circumstances. I will not be forced into driving past my federally regulated HOS. I will not drive I'll. And you better darned well bet I will NOT miss a paycheck, or put my family second to ANY scum sucking employer.

But what do I know? Better than 20 years behind the wheel, a resume longer than my arm (in really small print, no less), and I gotta crawl under a rock and hide to get away from the darned recruiters! I walk into an office, and if there's a truck available it becomes mine.

Having a spine and backing up your word is worth ten times what a year at some scum feeding mega carrier will get ya!

4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I heard prime has a good lease program

5. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    Maybe Frank should apply for the plasma division at FFE

6. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Try not do do that. Not saying it was a bad thing to get away from WE. But, they are likely testing you to see if you are impulsive. Just keep cool and explain the situation, the bigger the company, the more times you will need to explain the situation. Every time someone hears whats going on and they don't know how to handle it they will keep passing it up the ladder to avoid making a decision. By the time you get to speak with the upper management you will be tired of explaining things and ready to throw in the towel. Dont!

Just stay calm and explain the whole situation to someone that doesn't know what has happened to bring you before them. They likely won't know. If you come off like a hot-head or whatever then that's it, game over. Keep your cool and they will start looking down the ladder for the problem. Which, if you are sick, and let them know early as you know it was going to be an issue, that's all you can do.

Getting sick happens, do what you can for the load you are on and let them know ASAP your condition so they don't put you on another tight run, or that you need to take some time off. If you let them know what was going on when you knew it was going to be a problem it should work out ok. as long as it doesn't happen frequently. you know. There is being sick and then there is being "sick".

Middle management and upper management seem to be on different playing fields. Upper management knows about legal issues and the cost of risks. Middle management usually just wants to make money and are more "Cowboy" about things.

GL

FlaSwampRat, MGE Dawn and gentleroger Thank this.
  7. Dale thompson

Dale thompson Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2013
    commerce twp,mi
    as long as it’s a hard look of contempt and disdain.

8. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Ain't that the truth, lol.

9. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    They keep America moving

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  10. Jenn72

Jenn72 Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2019
    That plasma division pays well if you like to team

FlaSwampRat and Vic Firth Thank this.
  11. Tx Countryboy

Tx Countryboy Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2019
    How your supposedly lawsuit with swift going ???
    Now western .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.