Western Express

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Scarecrow4180, Apr 26, 2021.

1. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Another thing with Western Express is that they never seem to have enough tractors to go around for the dryvan division. Even back when I started with them they were giving flatbed midroof tractors to dryvan drivers- a practice they still continue to this day!

501knight Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. throwawayaccount1234

throwawayaccount1234 Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2021
    Went there about 3-4yrs ago after recruiter lied and said they had a dedicated position home daily in my area. Paying xxx amount all lies. Had to pay for my own way there as I am never taking a bus again. Got there they pick me up in some old raggedy van ready to fall apart like one of those cartoon vehicles.
    No offense but I think I was the only one there not drinking till 2am in the morning with the drug test that morning, at the crappiest motel they put you in which I paid for my own room, I am not with sharing a motel room with a complete stranger. Guying doing road test was a complete pos. Their trucks were all garbage, dash glass knocked out, sand everywhere within the trucks, wreaked of cigs, torn fabric and mattresses, missing bumpers....etc.

Came in giving everyone their rates at 28-32cpm. Long story short I walked out and got rental car outta there, and they just got Sued for millions for not paying at least a min wage to their drivers, Cruz VS Western Express.
    I opted into the mass lawsuit a yr ago or something like that and just got a check for $62, its not much but at least something for wasting my day n a half down there.

jeff18 Thanks this.
  4. throwawayaccount1234

throwawayaccount1234 Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2021
    Also though as some others have posted 43cpm is not good, I don't even think that is good for a brand new driver. As I was at Swift a few yrs ago doing their dedicated walmart account, training new drivers and they were starting them at 54cpm plus stop pay, prolly one of best gigs at that time for a brand new driver. I was averaging $1400-1700 a week without having a student driver, over 2k some weeks if I had a good driver and with their bonus program, and home everyday and was only being paid 1cpm more than brand new drivers at 55cpm.

Just my 2cents, but Good Luck and stay safe!

Eddiec Thanks this.
  5. 501knight

501knight Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2021
    You are 100% correct. But I F*&^ed them bad as I had a video of one of their employees telling a class that they don't really do random drug test as they only test people who they are sure will pass. I was at loss at to why I had 6 ransoms in 4 months????? Prior to becoming a truck driver I was a drug and alcohol counselor.

6. bigmikectn

bigmikectn Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Cleveland, TN
    You are the exception and not the rule at Welfare Express. They are a great option of you have a felony or 15 accidents on your record but don't try and sell them as a legit company that pays well. Sounds like recruiting is posting here again.

7. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    One post in 7 months. It looks legit to me. Lol

ProfessionalNoticer and 501knight Thank this.
  8. Semi50

Semi50 Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2022
    Liverpool new york
    I'm from western. Start at .40cpm this is 8/2022

9. Semi50

Semi50 Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2022
    Liverpool new york
    This is a bunch of lies

10. 501knight

Dec 8, 2021
    He is absolutely right. They constantly short your checks to the point I would just let the truck sit and wouldn't even do a simple repair.

11. 501knight

Dec 8, 2021
    How I started handling them is they had to arrange payment or the load would sit there forever

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.