Western Express

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Widowmaker9172, Jan 5, 2018.

1. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Having been a company hand and a lease operator at SNI, I will say that compared to what I’ve heard about WE, SNI would be the preferred choice. For a mega, SNI does a lot of things well. Not well enough for most experienced drivers, but to start with they’re ok.

LtlAnonymous and Rocknroller4 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    That's a good way to put it.

48Packard Thanks this.
  4. jeff18

jeff18 Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2014
    pittsburgh, pa
    If you have 9ne year clean come to Holland enterprises you would love it here. Good equipment good miles

5. Coolbreeze100

Coolbreeze100 Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Macon, GA
    I started with Schneider in 1999. SNI had some very good terminals (operating centers) back then. I rated the OCs a positive. Trucks were governed, not suprising, and were high milers for rookies. Lots of northeast and lots of short hops once you get into those ne freight routes.

Rocknroller4 and 48Packard Thank this.
  6. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Some of the policies and procedures they had back in the mid nineties were just plain crap... especially home time. The only written policy they had was you got 24 hours off regardless if you were out one week or 3. Plus when I had my vacation come up they sent a letter GUARANTEEING my vacation time and the idiot dispatchers out of Seville completely screwed me out of that, even claiming that the planners had their phones off the hooks. Maintenance was a joke, and anytime they would assign an empty trailer it was guaranteed to not be where they said it was. as far as I’m concerned they are just another ##### training company.

7. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Probably the best thing that happened between 2007 and 2017 was the trailer pool was greatly improved. Those old F and A series boxes, not to mention the TAs up through the early 900s could be a real PITA. But even then they’ve never been as good as the boxes I used during my three years at Crete.

Coolbreeze100 Thanks this.
  8. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    I hated the spoke wheels they had on the older trailers and the truck I had. Always kept coming loose, and the tandem releases on them were a real pain.

Coolbreeze100 and 48Packard Thank this.
  9. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Oh my God, trying to slide the tandems on those old A series trailers? I used to scare yard workers going into a rage. Out of my ####ing mind.

10. Father Dirt

Father Dirt Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2018
    Western express is a joke I have been waiting on a truck for three weeks now they seated me in an international piece of junk I broke down more then enough times finally get it to the shop there still fixing it ...I am done ...oh and still owe me a grand I will never see that either....

Veryblessed and jeff18 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.