Western Express

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Widowmaker9172, Jan 5, 2018.

1. LewisR91

LewisR91 Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2017
    Friend of mine started withe these people as a rookie driver flatbed bed account hauling steel coils. He said the trainer would drink off duty every night and he smelled terrible because he showered once a week lol. He also said he was scared for his life because the trainer didnt know how to secure a coil properly he had to figure it out on his own by watching youtube. He said his first paycheck was 13 dollars because Western claimed it as hotel expenses. After 2 solid months over the road he got a cab to the airport wherever he was at the time. Western never contacted him

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    0E122CB2-1FD9-46BC-96D4-3622C94F488A.jpeg
    Saw this today returning to Tomah, Wisconsin. That is a WE Cascadia mid roof (usually used in the flatbed division) pulling (actually putting back) a Walmart dry van. Something is seriously going on when you see Western Express pulling for Walmart ANYWHERE,let along harkening Tomah with its presence!!

4. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    This is the main reason alot of companies get away this sort of behavior is there's all these hurdles to overcome i mean seriously who'd could be bothered filling out and filing all those forms?

Hazmatt Thanks this.
  5. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Not only that but they seem to hire from the botttom if the barrel. I cringe every time I see one of those bozos going down the road. I if could wager that WE driver will do something stupid while still within my sight I’d win enough to retire on.

6. Scooter27

Scooter27 Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2018
    I don’t know how it is out on the Eastcoast with Western drivers, but on the Westcoast I have never had a problem, maybe the ditches found the majority. I contemplated driving for them a year ago but the sliding pay scale was to much for my simple mind, companies need to just pay cpm and be done with it, run your drivers and not worry about sliding pay

7. PINEALGLAND

PINEALGLAND Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2018
    (IF YOU WANT COPIES OF MY RECORDED CONVERSATIONS WITH THEM THEN FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @ORIGINALJAGUAR SEND ME A MESSAGE AND I WILL SEND THE YOUTUBE LINK)

I've worked there for a month and everything NEGATIVE you read or hear about Western Express is absolutely true!!! THEY ARE A DEN FULL OF LIE-ONS!!!

Remember DM'S work FOR YOU. You don't work for them. I've heard nothing good about Western Express on the bus from NY to the UBER I took to get to the terminal. Nothing but broken down stories left and right!

The equipment is dirty and broken. Other companies will stick you in a 2015 and up. This company had me in a 2010 International Pro Star...WHAT A WRECK!!! I called in one time and explained to the top dog HUNTER in the office and told him how my DM which was MATT D is treating me and about the truck. The head honcho listened to me and made an empty promise to me that he would route me to Tennessse to change my DM and truck...of course it never happened.

Everything is HORRIBLE there, I don't know how else to put it. They are most definitely a DEAD END and is only good if you have NO WHERE ELSE TO GO for a job or if you are an EX CON. This is how they make money. They know they have a high turn over rate, but they also know that they ACCEPT anyone with a bad record. So as 1000 people leave the company (over the same reasons I left) then 1000 people will be replaced. $80,000 Salary a year is a lie they promote real SUCKERS in. From the money I was making my Salary would be $18,000. False advertisements. BBB needs to shut them down.

1.I've had other drivers within the company come take my load overnight as I waited to pick it up at set times.

2. Didn't reimburse me for scale tickets even though I did all the necessary paper work and it was a very disrespectful conversation to get my money back from payroll. Even HUNG UP IN MY FACE AFTER SHE WAS DONE!

3. Kept me under $400 each paycheck. Every time I was going to get past $300 then some mess would happen. Such as a T-Call (Transfer Call) to someone else who turned it in after the cut off date. So I got the load on the next paycheck in which they barely gave me any loads...

4. Most of the time the loads were .28 per mile.

5. Sent me on countless false missions.
    I don't know how they continue to still operate business.

6. Impossible to get a hold of over the phone, even in an emergency.

7. One time I needed a fuel solution and none one responded and when they did made me drive 100 miles on .4 of tank left.

8. I was classified as an OTR COMPANY DRIVER but only did the Eastcoast and several Midwest states. DID NOT GET TO GO PAST ILLINOIS EVEN WHEN I REQUESTED IT.

I CAN GO ON AND ON BUT IT'S UP TO YOU TO DECIDE WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU AFTER I GAVE YOU ONLY A PORTION OF MY 1 MONTH EXPERIENCE WITH WESTERN EXPRESS.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2018
    Reason for edit: Last name removed.
    Veryblessed and Lonesome Thank this.
  8. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    I don't much about Western Express, but I do know that .4 is slightly less than half and 100 miles should have been no problem on slightly less than half a tank. Or, was that .4 of the total fuel in more than 1 tank? In which case you should have been able to drive several hundred miles before it's time to panic.

stwik, Lonesome and PINEALGLAND Thank this.
  9. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Depends on what type of tractor he was running. If he was running dry van he could’ve been in a Cascadia,Volvo,International (either ProStar or LT). Except for the Volvos, all the tractors I mentioned have 100 gallon fuel tanks on each side(Volvos had 150).If he was in the flatbed the version he could’ve been in either at Cascadia, or an International (ProStar more than likely),in which again the trucks are specd with dual 100 gallon tanks. Either way even if he was down to a 1/4 tank of fuel he should’ve been able to cover 100 miles to get to a fuel stop.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    jeff18 and Lonesome Thank this.
  10. PINEALGLAND

PINEALGLAND Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2018
    Gotcha! Yea I'm a newbie

11. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    The fuel was the least of his problems.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.