What do you listen to the most while you're driving?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Cybergal, Nov 3, 2008.

What do you listen to the most while you're driving?

1. *

Satellite Radio

59.6%
  2. *

CB

5.0%
  3. *

Audio Books

9.3%
  4. *

Co-driver yakking

0.7%
  5. *

FM/AM Radio

10.2%
  6. *

Other

16.2%
  1. Dave 1960

Dave 1960 Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Shepherd, TX
    Only problem is I don't have the best of Sirius for my XM. What I have is pretty good though!

To stay awake this am about 3:30 I put on Operation:Mindcrime by Queensryche!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kd5icr

kd5icr Light Load Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Carrollton, Texas
    I listen to Liquid Metal on XM I also like the old time radio shows on radio classics. I also listen to road dog, and when I know I am going into an area that may have bad weather I listen to the weather channel.

4. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I have had Sirius since December 2005, right before Howard Stern went on the air in January 2006. I still remember how cool it was to hear the same station for hundreds of miles. I lived in Stockton CA and commuted to the Bay Area, in the FM radio days, crossing the Altamont,I'd have to switch over to FM 2 which was loaded with all the Bay Area stations I couldn't reach in the Central Valley, conversely, FM 1 was loaded with valley stations.

I enjoy driving and listening to music. Can't stand talk radio any more or anyone talking on my pay-for-radio including the DJs. I just want mindless music one song after the other after the other-- I go into deep thought and almost meditation with that.

Commercial Free Radio my assterisk! SiriusXM can barely go for 2 songs in a row without reminding me that I'm listening to SiriusXM. OOPs thanks for reminding me, I don't pay the bill or nothing and all those hundreds of satellite radio companies out there I have a hard time remembering which one I'm subscribed to. 90's on 9, 80's on 8, Nashville Flash, Sirius Love, The Blend, The Bridge, BPM, OMG Katie Whatsherface and Priestly on 90's Alan Hunter, Nina Blackwood, on 80's on 8 and Mark whatshisname who sounds like he's dead bored just get under my skin so bad! They come while a great song is still playing with their pseudo pumped up exited spew that sounds worse that fingernails on a chalkboard! The words that come out of their mouths are a total waste of energy. "You're listening to 90's on 9 Sirius XM 3AM on the West 6AM on the East blah blah blah, the artist (you just heard) will be having a concert at blah place etc, how bout that Lindsay Lohan??? blah blah blah" And all the little promos which are totally apprapro for FM are stupid to have on pay radio. For 20 seconds this goes on maybe more maybe less but it totally screws up my train of deep thought and daydreaming. FM stations are looking good because some of them will play a 30 minute block of music without any interruptions.

When I can afford it, I'll be getting that Vuqube thing that tracks the satellite while in motion and tune to music stations via Dish or DirecTV which play songs after songs after songs, no talking!! I will be in bliss.

5. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    I plug my iphone into the stereo input device and listen to various play lists, have used xm/sirius in the past as well for talk shows and trying to find new music I can download later. Usually when I find a bunch of new music I like I will get it on my iphone and jam out to it till it gets old more than satellite stuff.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  6. Dave 1960

Mar 1, 2010
    Shepherd, TX
    Rock at Random (XM161) is rocking me tonight!

7. Teeye

Teeye Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2011
    minneapolis,mn
    Elvis radio on Sirius satellite radio. Great riding with the King!

8. Smokin

Smokin Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2011
    northeast
    Mostly the CB and sounds of the truck.

9. Dave 1960

Mar 1, 2010
    Shepherd, TX
    I'm down to Mike Church on XM Patriot then Rock at Random for the rest of the day.

A little CB thrown in and you've got it.

10. ECU51

ECU51 Heavy Load Member

4-6am Fox recap(if i missed the night b4)
    6am-9am Espn"Mike&Mike",MLB network
    9am-12 Dan Patrick show
    12pm-3pm John Gibson on Fox
    3pm till i go to bed FOX NEWS! Fair&Balanced baby!

11. USA1

USA1 Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2011
    Motor City, MI
    I listen to the vehicle. Unlike the radio if I don't like the sound I can't change it.

There is something symphonic about a pushrod V-8 and rear wheel drive on the highway.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.