What do you remember???

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Biscuit75, May 15, 2011.

1. Biscuit75

Biscuit75 Road Train Member

So a buddy of mine and I were talking the other night and reminiscing some of the things we used to see and hear all the time out there on the road. Just wondering if the older drivers can jog some forgotten memories of things from years back. Would love to hear from the drivers who have been doing this for a real long time to tell stories beyond my short 15 years.

The one thing I remember seeing everywhere what "NC Camel Jockey" written on everything. Fuel pumps, garbage cans, bathroom stalls, sinks, showers. I never knew the story about that.

Another one was hearing "Papa Smurf" and his trips to Juarez. "6 pack of Corona and 2 shots of tequila".

Good times....:biggrin_25525:

wore out, Moooonshiner and 123456 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    That's really funny you mention the NC Camel Jockey. I thought about that a few days ago when I was reading a thread here. You're right, though - it was EVERYWHERE.

Even the most obscure little two-lane highway fuel stops with only one diesel pump. Every men's bathroom up and down the road had been visited by the NC Camel Jockey and his black marker. Or maybe he wasn't doing it himself, because I never did figure if the NC Camel Jockey was doing that, or if it was some obsessed jilted gay lover.

4. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. Moooonshiner

Moooonshiner Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2017
    "Flats and spares and alllll repairs, here at the Roadrunner tire service...exit 79!"

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Midnight Midnight Midnight Midnight Midnight Midnight Midnight Midnight Midnight Midnight Midnight Midnight Midnight Midnight Midnight. Cowboy

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    My first instruction provided by a driver trainer. Regards the time clock then used in the tractor dash that passes for both speed enforcement and time keeping for product delivery off the engine. It's a circular card that goes into a folding clock every morning.

The instructor said something very simple. "DOT and Policeman does not get inside this clock. Ever. Any time they want in, you tell them Horse*&^%."

One of these days Im going to do a little research and see if time keeping devices are immune to searches. It's a different time compared to what we are dealing with now with all the computer whiz bang....

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.