What gives?

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by jacquesi23, Jan 2, 2016.

1. jacquesi23

jacquesi23 Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Does the mercer board show available loads at or near destination ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mtoo

mtoo Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Retired on bended knee
    We complained about cheap rates and high fuel in the 80's 90's 00's and today. Rates go up rates go down, fuel goes up fuel goes down. Some survive some don't.

4. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    yes, you can set how many miles away, by weight, by rate, etc etc. the way the advanced tab shows is by closest on out. be sure at orientation to go to contractor relations and get your password for the contractor board, they dont always tell folks that, 2d day you eat lunch with your coordinator and go over your preferences , which can be changed at any time, multiple times a day even

jacquesi23 and CasanovaCruiser Thank this.
  5. skateboardman

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    i dont sit, i find the closest load and go to it. there aint no future in sitting in the same spot for several days.

Dakine and whoopNride Thank this.
  6. TaylorMade407

TaylorMade407 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Orlando,FL
    I think this has been beaten to death in the other thread but most of us book 1-2 weeks out. If anybody sits it's their fault regardless of what area you go in l. If I book a load from FL to UT do you think I'm gonna wait until I unload to start looking for my next load?? No!!! Before I even get loaded in FL I'm already looking for my reload. If I have 4 days to get to UT I'm on the board everyday looking and if it's a rare occasion that I don't find something then I'm bouncing outta there. The key is to not take a avg paying load into a dead area. You take a above avg to great paying load into the dead area in order to cover you deadhead 500 miles outta Utah. I haven't been to CT yet but to go to the upper NE it has to be a home run load. I got to NYC cause it doesn't bother me as much as it does some of the other guys but I get what I think is a great rate for me but for the next guy he prob doesn't go for less that 2.80 per mile or something.

jacquesi23 Thanks this.
  7. vangtransport

vangtransport Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Mercer as of August has 2,470 trucks per Safersys. 25-50 or so, are the same people posting here all the time. That's roughly 1%-2% of the trucks leased to Mercer. 0.25%-0.50% of those people may have something bad to say if allowed, 0.25%-0.50% may post no opinion at all, while the remaining people are in favor.

My point is, you can't expect to get a accurate picture of any company good or bad, by asking on a forum.

8. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    yep, it cracks me up when people sit few days, idling and waiting for the good load to pop up within 50 miles, when they can drive 200-300 miles to get loaded and get going

Dakine and 77fib77 Thank this.
  9. skateboardman

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    one thing you can pretty much count on though, if someone has something bad to say , he will for sure be on every trucking website and every facebook page in the known universe.

Dakine Thanks this.
  10. skateboardman

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    it seems that now they are hiring on to many trucks, everyone wants them to cut trucks, that is every truck but their truck.

you can also count on if you try to give actual tips that can help folks, you will be told you dont know what you are talking about.

11. jacquesi23

jacquesi23 Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2013
    I'm in orientation an I can't count how many "know it all did it all truckers" we have in the building today smh.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.