What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    I’d like some good opinions on todays snafu.

After I got empty, I deadheaded 175 miles up to Montgomery, upon checking in my pickup number, and trailer number was not on the loaded list.
    So after a 30 minute phone/guard checking, agent calls, etc, we find someone picked up the load I was supposed to get 2 days prior.
    They tell me he is in Lewisville, Tx, they want to see if I will wait for him to bring it back to Montgomery.
    “Not a chance, thats 650 miles,”
    So I get put on hold again, then they come back with,
    “The load he was supposed to have taken to Dallas is still there, you can take that load.”
    “Me, the other one was taking me home, and I got business, and a reload scheduled Tuesday because that one delivered Sunday.”

Then I had an idea and told her, “I will do that Dallas load, if you add $300 for wasting my time, 3 hours, or I am going to just take my ball and go to the house.”
    She didnt like that idea, so I am going home. 475 miles from Montgomery.. plus the 175 from unload.
    I thought I made her a good deal, but she didnt think I would drive off and leave her load on the dock.
    But I fooled her.
    Was I right, or wrong in this corporate decision?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    Reason for edit: typo
    jsnell, homeskillet, Rocks and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dosgatos

dosgatos Medium Load Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Came out Dec 26th and drove all but 3 days till today. Dropped a trailer an hour from my house this morning that can be picked up in 10 days. Calling it free trailer parking and be home for 10 days. Resized_20200101_082652.jpeg
    Do the monthly service on the truck and vegitate.

4. Donk

Donk Have a Cup Of Concrete

Apr 27, 2008
    Perfect decision.

You offered an alternative, she declined thinking you were a captive audience.

Bet she doesnt try that onyou again any time soon.

5. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    I know I got the shaft.
    But someone loaded the wrong product on a trailer, guy signed for it, then got out of security, then took a load to the wrong place.
    And I could see the problem, I got there and gave pickup # guard said sign the bol.
    I looked at it and it was going to somewhere in Canada.
    But It’ll happen again. Just adding another X to my book if names..

D.Tibbitt and WesternPlains Thank this.
  6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    What did you do with you're kitties all that time?

That looks like a mad kitty.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    D.Tibbitt and WesternPlains Thank this.
  7. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Good night all. Cats have found electric blankets are a wonderful thing. Now I cant prewarm the bed unless I want to fight with the two OM's

8. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    I live within mins of there... And there wasnt any mention ofbit in the news locally that I saw. I'm guessing with a sentence of 5 years it wasnt tried at the federal level... Which only leaves one other option for a crime commited on the Res... I wont say anymore, for it could be considered political or maybe racial. But its not the first time ive seen such practices in that area.

9. Cattleman84

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    I agree with you... But if that driver had used a firearm in that location, it would probably have been him in jail... Self defense or not.

10. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Stopped in one time, years ago. That place just has real bad feel. After waking up several times in a few hours, I had to go down the road, just could not sleep there.

11. Cattleman84

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Us locals know that the Res isn't exactly the best place to stop after the sun goes down.

People think big city gangs are dangerous... They just shoot and leave.

On the Res unlucky people just plain disappear. Sometimes they are found, sometimes they aren't. And most of the time its kept very hush, hush.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.