What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Yeah growing up in AZ the rez is not a place to be . Nothing but poor neighborhood and violent crimes is what goes on there not to mention lots of drugs

Cattleman84 and WesternPlains Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    I did a few where layover pay was a line item in the rate con before I even picked up the load. I think most were trade show/convention loads.

Pretty sure layover was 100% rather than the regular percentages like line haul

Cheaper to pay me to sit on it for a day or 2 than to have a union guy cross dock onto another trailer along with another company paid to shuttle the trailer to the convention center. Also less chance for the process to get broken.

D.Tibbitt and WesternPlains Thank this.
  4. Troy_

Troy_ Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Roma, Alberta.
    welp...looks like I got the weekend off. made it 60 miles of bush road and another 40 of pavement back to the shop on the last remaining leaf. was a slow trip home.

20200124_230658 (Small).jpg 20200124_230801 (Small).jpg

5. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    I think you did the right thing even though it screws you on a load and fuel costs. If I were in your spot, Id have probably left the shipper, waited 45min to an hour and called the agent back and give her one last chance to see if she'd like me to run it for the new price or Im down the road.

6. Donk

Donk Have a Cup Of Concrete

Apr 27, 2008
    Problem with that, is they are left feeling you are a bit desperate for the load.

Better to leave it in their hands and roll.

If they want it moved, they have the number to call at the right price.

7. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    I try to give everyone a chance, because I don't always make the right decision the 1st time and if we all just worked together a little more, everything would just go smoother.

Maybe a call back wouldn't have got him the $300, but maybe $150-200, maybe not. I kind of assume dealing with a Landstar agent should be easier than dealing with a random broker, but I know there are bad ones out there.

He still did the right thing.

WesternPlains and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  8. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    time to get out of the communist state before the sun rises and awakens all the crazies

9. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    I just checked in the board, that load they offered going to Dallas is now there. $2.07/mile. The one I was supposed to get to Little Rock was 2.58/mile.
    I am beginning to think it was a classic type of bait and switch, we got this decent load. Then when your there.. we dont know what happened, but we got this one. We know you’ll love it.
    I know I am out basically my profit for this week in wasted fuel, and the 3 hours there made me sleep in the truck again due to being unsafe to drive home according to elogs.
    I waited hoping they had just given wrong trailer or pickup number.

But you can’t lose what you never had, so just lost some fuel money.
    But look at all the scenery! Montgomery, Birmingham, Tupelo Ms...Memphis...West Memphis... ok so it does get worse.

10. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    I’m awake, but I’m in Kansas.

11. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Have you seen a little dog?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.