What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    I can tell you where the drug testing facility is.. off 18th Ave(truck parking) might fit 3 in there during day, but I bet you could hide back there at night..

WesternPlains and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Gary is one place i dont think id ever have the guts to stay in a hidey hole. I always come out east on 94 to the lake station ta ,this place is always good for a parking spot and they had some really good stir fry tonight

4. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    It's probably early stages of cornavirius.

5. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Talking with a friend on the phone who works at my former company, he believes the company will not be around for 18 more months.... :biggrin_2554:
    Asked why and he said they have been losing drivers quickly lately...
    It's a very good very small company but there have been some changes since last December... some drivers retired, two new drivers didn't stay very long... Mr. Maintenance retired also and the Director of Operations took over his place... and one of the two dispatchers left for surgery and now she is back but won't be dispatching any more... some drivers don't do well with the other dispatcher and may be leaving as well... I believe company has 24 trucks, I was told they are not going to buy new trucks... not even replacing the older ones....
    They stay in touch with me and say they keep their doors open for when I go back... but not sure if that will ever happen...

6. 77fib77

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    18 months is a long time

Dave_in_AZ, WesternPlains and Rocks Thank this.
  7. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    a lot of things can happen in 18 months. They could turn something around and be fine.

Then you could go with a “Dave Truck”, might have number 7 soon. Then you would have to deal with the OM and word is she is a real slave driver.
    Speaking of a “Dave Truck” I think the OM has killed the Otter!

8. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    I agree... but the way they keep losing drivers and not being able to keep new ones... if they drop to less than 20 trucks, not sure how they will pay the bills... Hopefully they will find a way to stay in business...
    Personally, I didn't like at all when they replaced all their fleet with automatics... and added some "preventative collision devices" in all trucks... Most drives didn't like those changes either... But the company said they would save more in fuel with those automatics and save on insurance with all those bells and whistles...
    The truck I left was the last non-automatic... with none of that crap.... I know most companies are using automatics with all that "safety system" nowadays... :biggrin_2552:

Dave_in_AZ and WesternPlains Thank this.
  9. 77fib77

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    Preventive collision would be a no go for me. I did tankers. Auto breaking while in a turn while wet is scary. I have heard better things about autos. In the city, NYC, I think it would be nice.

10. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Hey @otterinthewater ...! Where have you been sir?

WesternPlains and Cattleman84 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.