What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    A man calls Bill Gates. Says "Tell your daughter to marry my son..."Bill says NO.
    Man says" But, he is the vice president of the World Bank." Bill says. "In that case , yes."
    Man hangs up.
    Calls the president of the World Bank. Says "I want you to make my son your vice president."
    Pres says no.. Man says "But, he is Bill Gates son in law." Pres says: In that case, why yes.
    This is known as politics and basically how it works.....

dwells40, homeskillet, DrFlush and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    A truck driver finds a lamp, and rubs it. A genie comes out and says, “Thank you for releasing me, master. I will grant you one wish.” The trucker thinks for a moment and says, “I would like my own personal, private, toll-free road from New York to California.” The genie shakes his head and says, “There are far too many federal, state, and local regulations involved, that would be too difficult. Is there anything else you’d rather have?” The trucker thinks for another minute and says “I wish my wife would stop nagging me.” The genie replies, “All right, how many lanes do you want for that road?”

4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Well i gave them ultimatum this morning. Since they did say my load would be ready ... i tell them u have until 10am to get my load or im out... they call at 9 say its ready and were working on layover pay..... Now we will not be doing any loads for them in the future... im not that desperate.

5. Dale thompson

Dale thompson Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2013
    commerce twp,mi
    E8B12D65-DE41-47B8-AC7C-727CF8891D60.jpeg This is the steakhouse across the freeway from the TA in Wilcox where I enjoyed some quality cattleman defined protein. Wishing I didn’t need to keep making tracks for home. I could spend an afternoon in the bar in the company of real Americans.

6. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I'm at the last R/A on I-90 wb before I-271, in Ohio.

I'm doing a parked regen. Tried 3 times to do it, finally got it on the last try.

Probably be here the full hour. Soot level was pretty high.

And on top of that, I strayed off WIIS and got into it with some bobtail knucklehead. When will I ever learn?

Another snow squall.....

Regen complete!!! Squeaky-clean DPF.

Finish my sammich, and get back rollin'!

7. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Finish sandwich?
    You don’t have time to eat a sandwich, it’s time to go to work.

8. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Go to WORK?

I keep TELLING you guys, I'm a TANKER YANKER, I don't "WORK".

Just TYPING that word makes me want to boil my phone in bleach.....

9. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Got my $600 bailout check today......:)

living large

10. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Ok so I jave been in some pretty tight truck stops... But this one takes the cake... There are only about 20% of the spots that one could get out of when the lot is packed full without real danger of tearing up someone's truck. I pulled in scaled and parked without really surveying the situation.

Upon a more in-depth analysis I decided I had better move to a different spot before its too late. I had to pull out of my spot into the center of 3 open spots straight across from me and do a very tight 90° back out into the aisle way... Ater circling the lot at 3 mph I picked what I believe is the best of the remaining places to park... All the really good spots to get out of are already taken.

Seriously the aisle ways are like 40 to 45 feet from front bumper to front bumper across the aisle!!! SMH

11. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    @MACK E-6

Some are just hilarious... Others are down right stupid...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.