What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. SoulScream84

SoulScream84 Road Train Member

Mar 21, 2020
    Overslept a bit myself, but I think it'll actually make my day smoother as I won't fight Kansas City traffic quite as badly. Time to get moving, have a safe 1 everyone.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Newport, Ar
    I didn’t oversleep, I didn’t set a clock.
    Some foreign driver came up knocking on my door with, “Me stuck, me drive tire just spin and spin.”

me “Drop air bag or put on power divider?”
    Him “You show me?”
    So I got up, got clothes on, walked back and his drive tire was over that Indiana pothole I showed the other day.
    I told him to get in truck, (Freightliner Cascadia) I seen switches told him to flip the top one to the left(power divider)
    He put it in gear and drove off with a wave.
    Hope he turned it off.
    But I am awake for another day of wasting... Wait!!
    The answer is the same answer as “Gollum’s riddle“ in the hobbit!

Gollum: “It cannot be seen, cannot be felt, cannot be heard, cannot be smelt. It lies behind stars and under hills, and empty holes it fills. It comes first and follows after, ends life, kills laughter.“

4. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Timing is everything, and mostly at the worst times.

5. JolliRoger

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Many years ago, myself and a 6'4' friend enroute to New Orleans for bananas. Bonnies Truck Stop, Sandersville, MS. All you can eat catfish for 5.00.We ate up two orders each and the pretty
    little waitress made the mistake of commenting "Bet were full". "Shorty", with the hollow legs said,
    I might take another. So we continued to gorge as she tried to get us done.
    Comimg back next night, the sign was gone.

6. JolliRoger

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    And "they" say: "Good things come those who wait". You gonna scout around for "they"?

7. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    If memory serves it was about $1300 installed. I’ll look for the receipt.

I can’t stress enough the level of comfort and how it helps me to keep rolling. It’s worth every penny and then some.

77fib77, LoSt_AgAiN, InTooDeep and 5 others Thank this.
  8. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Thanks, I’ll check it out. My main concern is plenty of adjustable upper and lower Lumbar. I have what’s called Flat Back. No arch, in my lower back, so instead of absorbing shocks, they get pounded. Any leaning forward causes my vertebrae to arch the wrong way. Looks like steps on the X-ray. A good Lumbar forces it into place.Like a miracle.

9. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    You have time. Call and ask how long. It’s a while, so much so, I actually missed the deadline once. They sent notice that next time I’ll get reported. Didn’t get another random for a couple yrs. To my surprise.

10. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    If you ever need Mechanic work, in Glendale. The Shop by Pilot is great. Best to deal with William, even if it means waiting for him to show up. Used to run the afternoon shift. Best Crew I’ve found. William lives and breathes Trucks. Very knowledgeable.

11. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    Might be worth the trip. I definitely need the right fit. Louisville Truck Show coming up, might be my best bet. Good excuse to go. Never been. Always say maybe next year.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.