What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I’ve been home for 5 days. Haven’t done a #### thing. The more I sit and lay around the worse I feel. Today at 1:30 I see my Cardiologist. I just woke up at midnight and made coffee. Going back to bed. My clock is definately out of whack. Time to get busy and back to work. Can’t find a vaccination appointment. Not warm enough to get much done outside. Might as well be Trucking.

77fib77, Opus, Dave_in_AZ and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Donk

Donk Have a Cup Of Concrete

Apr 27, 2008
    They dont even handle the feeder roads to get there :D

4. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    It’s 2:05am, and 52°F here in San Diego. I’m in a small pay lot ($10) and the truck next to me just started it’s 2nd regen tonight.

He’s the only one idling. Nothing else is making a sound.

5. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    Getting ready to load for Marietta, GA so I figured I'd save a few bucks and wash the truck at home yesterday. Gotta say, I'd save more money by dropping my speed a half MPH than I did washing it myself, plus, I wouldn't have a sore right shoulder this morning. Some things just don't pay.

6. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
  7. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Get a adjustable aluminum extension pole and a good soft brush to go on the end of it. Buy a carwash soap dispenser to go on the end of the hose.

I used to every other day wash both my 45 foot tank and 60 inch bunk Western Star in 30 -40 I minutes with that setup

image (2).jpeg

8. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Well.
    After getting stuck for 4 days, now I’m offered a load with 79/ton out...55/ton back and 150 miles further on the return.
    I ask “What’s up with that?”
    The reply, in a smoother way, we’ll it’s rice going out, and meat and bone coming back.
    My reply, that’s crazy, a M&B loads have to be washed out, that’s 40-65$
    I’m going to take a pay cut to get drenched in M&B?
    Find some other chump, this one isn’t going.

“..But it’s like 3350 round trip!”
    “Call me back if it reaches 4450.”

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  9. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    @Judge, Based on some your posts, glad I turned down the hopper job I was offered several years ago.

10. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    At least you did it at home. It’s worse when you spend $30-$40 at the Do it yourself Truck wash. Only happened once. The extendable brush I bought works good on the cars, though not really needed. Mostly the brush just sits in the Garage. I used to carry it, even washed mine in the tain, a few times. As long as it quits while still parked, it works. Now it barely sees the Blue Beacon. I only made made it to the Truck wash once, 8 wks ago, Everytime I hit tain,I think glad I didn’t wash the Truck. Doesn’t pay before coming home. Dirt Lot has it covered in dust again. So it goes. $90 for T/T. I can put that to better use.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.