What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    We just awoke from a 7 hour power rhinoceros nap.

I wasn't tired, but The OM was.

LoSt_AgAiN, InTooDeep, Judge and 7 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cowboyrich

Cowboyrich Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Dayton, Washington
  4. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    For ones own safety, it would be wise not to disturb the OM during a power nap.

Passed a sign in Utah today. Some real estate broker offering prime waterfront properties. Said EZ terms and low down payment.

5. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    How convenient is it to the unmarked ancient sacred tribal burial grounds? Are the ghosts friendly or antagonistic?

77fib77, LoSt_AgAiN, InTooDeep and 6 others Thank this.
  6. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    We are enjoying our first hot coffee in nar 24 hours.

( Forgot thermos)

We had the better part of a cold cup left when we were unceremoniously awakened by the receiver at 0130 and told the bols were ready, our services were therfore no longer required, and to get the f out.

Fine.

This concluded a 3 hour rhinoceros nap.

SO

Having 9.25 hours left, and being a level above a zombie, we decided to go and pick up and make our escape from THE COMMUNIST STATE whilst the indigenous population of dopers slumbered.

We escaped up the 215 to the 15 at speed. Stopped for a rhinoceros nap someplace up in desert on 40 just before sunrise.

Cause the sunrise will REALLY zap you.

Woke up and beat feet to Flagstaff. The OM nearly starved to death during this segment.

Now having had a quality burger, fries, and coffee........the question is-
    Do we head out for WCP in an hour, or get some more sleep?

7. BeHereNow97

BeHereNow97 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2020
    Dave I always see you writing about the OM on here. Who is the OM and what does OM stand for?

8. BeHereNow97

BeHereNow97 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2020
    Do any of you guys know if you take Alegra D for allergies if it'll show up as an illegal substance on DOT drug tests? I don't think it would but I wouldn't want to chance it either. My allergies are killing me.

9. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Apparently a bad ground anywhere in the electrical can cause the problem. Lots of different fixes, from battery and alternator to fuses, door , dash, radio, air bag module, body module, you name it. One bad ground causes havoc, something about the them all being wired to one source. And they’re run amok with bad electrical connectors. I’m going to fix known issues, and see what else gets “fixed” in the process. That’s what happens, when you build a vehicle with lots of luxury options, to sell for half the price of the competition. Other things, like driveline and suspension are amazingly simple and cheap to repair. Anything beyond a visual broken wire, or using a test light, I’m lost. Fuse will be first thing checked. Thanks

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  10. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Sleep, and keep some treats handy for the OM, low blood sugar symptoms are lethargy, crankiness, and shaking. Hard to recognize in a cat. Lol. My daughters type 1 diabetic, uses insulin. The poor OM probably is going through those symptoms, suffering in silence. Complex carbs are best. Keeps sugar levels more stable. White breads, pastas, potatoes, any high pure carb ( sugar ) should be avoided. I know the OM loves pizza. Just feed him the toppings, not the bread. I doubt he’ll complain. Lol. I’m sure they educated you on all such things. Stability and consistency is the key. The OM needs his sleep too. Zzzzzzzzzz

11. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Operations Manager

20210305_161823.jpg

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.