What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Yes you are right they will be dead.

3. N00bLaLoosh

N00bLaLoosh Road Train Member

May 13, 2021
    Novi, MI
  4. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Yes, climate change is real....however, it isn't new! Weather is determined by wind (jet stream), many other factors contribute, topography, surface conditions (temperature variables), surface anomallies....
    Why are known sea creatures skeletal remains (fossils) found at high altitude desert locations )?( does a river just travel on the surface or does it carve out its own path thereby changing topograhical systems and flows....tar pits at sea level and buried deep underground....
    Man hasn't caused all these annomalies, nature does in cooperation with weather and cyclic changes. The earth is not truly round it is oblong and spinning, this rotaton will not keep everything in the same circular perspective as it was 100 years ago....we know the north pole is constantly moving, we know every 9 years runway headings require adjusting.....
    I grew up in Ely, NV. when we had every winter 3 to 4 foot of snow on the ground, not any more. We had dirt roads except for main street....once they paved all the roads, this changed the heat signature of the land and environment...storms were pushed away from the warm zone and followed the colder path....same situation for coastal regions....more population, more heat less evaporative effects of nature to spread moisture inland.
    It isn't rocket science....it's weather and natural changes along with mankind adding to the mix, but man is not the only cause!

5. SoulScream84

SoulScream84 Road Train Member

Mar 21, 2020
    Sitting in the POE on 65 NB in TN, got level 1 and had a trailer brake line that is scuffed. No bleeding occurred during test, but waiting for a mechanic thanks to my FIRST OOS in the 18 years I've been driving. Ok, so I had an OOS in Colorado about 5 years ago, but that was a DMV error that was removed.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  6. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Wow, sucks to be where you are. It is optional here, as it is proven there is no warrant for the booster shot.

Well said

7. LoSt_AgAiN

LoSt_AgAiN Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2018
    Pick me up a breakfast burrito:D

8. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    This guy. This fing guy. Saved us all from getting inspected for at least 6 weeks.

9. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    Yeah, that's the epitome of the term, taking one for the team.

RIP driver.

10. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    I should point out to my previous post about the covid shots. While the booster shot isnt mandatory here. If you work with the elderly or some form of care for the sick. It is mandatory to get innoculated. Of course the antivaxers are pushing back. Yet that is fine, they are dying from covid and once they get it they start singing the tune that they wish they had received the innoculation.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.