What is your work schedule like?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Samarquis, Dec 11, 2018.

1. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Dang, what job is that? I want that 6a-2:30p schedule.

Bluedew Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    M -F , hrly , ot after 40
    ....Monday starts at 8:30am
    ....Friday ends around 8:30 pm
    ...Fluctuates accordingly
    Fly in under the radar , scoop it up , go home undetected & unstratched, well respected and toxic free !!!

Dark_Majesty_06 and Bluedew Thank this.
  4. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    During plow season, I run from 5 or 6 AM until I burn 8.5 hours on duty time, and generally shut down by 4 or 5 PM. This means I work every day and chase my 70.

During the rest of the year I run from 2AM until 4PM, burning either my entire 11 hour clock or my 14, whichever comes first. That means I work 5.5 to 6 days before I kill my 70 and have to do a 34 to reset.

Bluedew and Samarquis Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I work 24/7 with a preference for nights east of the mIssissippi.

The west is a good favorite to run around in. Mountains and all.

Early on I was outlaw, no set schedule, would put away anything straight through, arrive a day or so early and catch up on the rest, fuel, food etc and ready when empty. Fast forward years and I'll put away the 10 and sleep lightly waiting until it's time to go again. I don't really rest until the trailer is empty. And when teamed with wife we made sure we had at least a day off each week. The VP got a eyeful of unfinished laundry in the bag and asked us wtf is that. We told him we don't stop for nothing and they made orders to have us stop on the 6th day for a minimum of 12. We were going to get stopped anyway on HOS for that day.

Generally march 1 through late october is what I ran. Pile up the money and rest the winter if possible. Otherwise ran deep south I-10 only in winter then come by the house sometime in the springtime for a month off before the spring push. The money took care of itself.

I considered myself top notch on the mountain work. And second long hauls. I do not do short 500 mile overnights after wasting all day loading. That's a waste of my ability.

Fast forward to today, medical stuff overrides everything else. Pending surgery that will run about 40K to fix bone joints destroyed by arthritis related directly to the old iron clutch. They made arrangements for another 4000+ in physical therapy for after in order to get the new joint working fully.

If they do a good job I see myself potentially working part time next year by summer. But it's vital they do a good job. We'll see how it goes.

I still run nights at home. People go to bed, Im just getting started.

Bluedew, Farmerbob1 and dwells40 Thank this.
  6. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Have 6 box trucks for local deliveries, a few flatbeds and a few semis. All of em save the semis are between 4-6am start and 12:30-2:30pm. The semis are dock to dock 5 to 6 stops a day.... we are a lifer building and proud of it. Some buildings only have 1 or 2 trucks, they usually run much later then us....

If you are really curious you can pm me, but i dont do company details in open forum...

Bluedew Thanks this.
  7. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I’m usually up by 09:00. Dominika has my breakfast and coffee ready and served bedside. I’ll dress and drive 2 hours. Tee time is usually 13:00. Do 18 holes. Then drive 2 or 3 more hours. Then about 4 hours of down time watching television and dinner. Then Dominika is waiting with a drawn hot bath followed by a light massage then in bed by 20:00. I realize it’s a bit more work than most are capable of committing to but I won’t work this hard much longer.

Dark_Majesty_06 and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  8. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    "WORKED"

You are, by your own admission, "medically retired", and no longer hold a CDL.

9. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    M-F start between 0830-1000 done around 1800. Avg 125miles/day. Home nightly (its brick and mortar) got tired of sleeping in the box behind the drivers seat. ;)

Dark_Majesty_06 and Bluedew Thank this.
  10. Slim51

Slim51 Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Maine
    I’m so entertained by the image of a new comer to TTR trying to figure out this post, as with most posts by x1.

Edit: this is not talking poorly on you x1, just you use tenses that don’t line up when you post so they have more of a story telling quality than anything. But that takes time to figure out. Otherwise newcomers are wondering what the hell just happened lol

Farmerbob1, REO6205 and homeskillet Thank this.
  11. mpd240

mpd240 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Minnesota
    Food service
    Mon. 0230-1500
    Tue. 0230-1530
    Wed. Off
    Thur. 0300-1030
    Fri. 0330-1300
    Sat. Off
    Sun. Off

Can work wed if I want to make extra $$

Farmerbob1 and Bluedew Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.