What to Expect at Arnold

Discussion in 'Arnold' started by dieseltrooper, Jun 2, 2014.

1. dieseltrooper

dieseltrooper Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2014
    OKC,OK
    Another example of arnold customer service in action: this morning there were two of us at Budweiser inAmarillo,Tx to del from Ft Collins,Co. When the guy comes out to check everyone in, both of us are told we do not have appts.
    Grand Prairie ops has us drop thr lds at a dropyard nearby. Swell,but that leaves us with no empty.
    So now we are sitting here burning our 14...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Vito

Vito Heavy Load Member

Jun 4, 2012
    North Carolina
    I feel your pain. I had a PU with a Saturday appt. in NC but when I arrived they showed me the paperwork and it was scheduled for Monday 10AM not Saturday 10 AM.

Now I had to deal with JAX weekend dispatch and you know how messed up that is... not sure if GP is any better but can't possibly be worse.

At least I got a load to fill my time Sunday and am picking up the Saturday load now on Monday.

But yeah, I'm really wondering if customer service reps are smoking dope or something. They can't seem to get PU/Delivery times right. And that happens to be THEIR JOB!!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  4. Vito

Vito Heavy Load Member

Jun 4, 2012
    North Carolina
    What's worse though is your loads...

Beer sitting in the hot Texas sun for who knows how long... KNUCKLEHEAD CSR's!

5. Richter

Richter Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    thats why i left that bottom feeder..i spend more tim looking for emptys then driving lol.

6. truckinmike1984

truckinmike1984 Light Load Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Everywhere, USA

The beer will be fine sitting. They sit for who knows how long after being loaded with no cover or protection from or heat
    Even after being unloaded....most beer warehouses aren't air conditioned and are almost just as hot as the outdoors. II used to work at a beer distributor for 3yrs...only thing kept cool were the kegs.

Vito Thanks this.
  7. Vito

Vito Heavy Load Member

Jun 4, 2012
    North Carolina
    That's good information. Sometimes I've bought beer and I could swear it tasted "cooked". It just didn't taste fresh and crisp, and it's a brand I'm very familiar with and buy often. I checked the freshness date and it's still good. Yet the whole 6 pack doesn't taste as good as usual. I've always assumed that it was left out in the hot sun for long periods. Maybe I'm mistaken about the "cooking" but I can sure tell when my favorite beers just don't taste right...

8. Iceman1984

Iceman1984 Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2013
    Wilmington, NC
    I'm thinking about applying at Arnold. Would you recommend it as a good company to start with?

9. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    No.

unloader

10. dieseltrooper

dieseltrooper Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2014
    OKC,OK
    Not if you could find something else. Shop is incompetent. GP operations is worthless. CSA score is getting worse. Recruiters will lie as well. They still are running two orientations per week to compensate for their inability to retain drivers. The driver I turned my truck over to when I left was on the phone lining up another job.... yeah. you could do better.

11. Aquarius169

Aquarius169 Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Ok read your thread thought arnold too,so bad company to start of with for students .who would you recommend i live in nc,some advice would be helpful

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.