whats going on over there

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by biker dave, Mar 7, 2011.

1. biker dave

biker dave Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2010
    pittsburgh,pa
    the pittsburgh-post gazette news paper 3-6-2011 sunday here in pittsburgh,pa has an add for drivers, up to 54 cents per mile, 2500 sign on bonus and laptop, WHAT, i can only think of two things, short hauls of 50 to 300 miles per trip like heartland express, need drivers real bad for the north east where no one likes to drive to, and with short hauls theres lots of sitting at the truck stops, but if your home every weekend than it looks much better, so can any drivers there have the inside scoop, also any idea on those t-660 trucks there getting, how many just a few are the whole fleet

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Green Machine

Green Machine Medium Load Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Ohio
    You sure it was USA Truck?

I know they had a couple people that were dedicated NE drivers before but they cut them last month. Maybe they were starting something new up who knows...

To my knowledge they aren't ordering any more T660s yet. Not sure how many they have but compared to the Prostars and Frieghtliners not many. They have been ordering Freightliners lately (or have ordered.. whatever).

4. joeycool

joeycool Light Load Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Allentown, PA
    I still see ads in my area for USA NE Regional, home every weekend, which is what I left in November. I don't think they cut all of them. The ads do say "up to $2000 sign-on bonus", but don't say anything about mileage pay. I can tell you that I didn't make anywhere near .50 per mile.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.