When at a Truck stop......

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by ArmyMP, Feb 22, 2015.

1. AyoFiggy

AyoFiggy Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South East Regional
    Dont start a convo unless your needing a answer company wise. I personally hate talking to druvers period but same company drivers are a pain. They always want to talk about how such and such dispatcher sucks. How they truck breaks down or how there not getting miles. Its less stressful to keep to yourself.

GenericUserName, 88 Alpha and allniter Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 6daysontheroad

6daysontheroad Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2012
    North of the Rio Grande
    I usually lie and tell them I work for CR England and am interested in making a change and ask if they are interested in making a recruiting bonus. More often than not they think I'm a wierdo and walk away.

4. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    When I drove for Schneider and Knight other drivers would jump on the floor of the truck to avoid talking to each other, moving down the road or not.

allniter Thanks this.
  5. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    When I see other LS drivers at a fuel island or so we usually strike up a quick BS convo.

6. truckerlife74

truckerlife74 Medium Load Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Charlotte nc
    Lol sounds like your company sucks js all drivers that work for the same company don't stress about company issues. We might ask where you heading but dispatch an truck breakdowns are not mention

7. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    When we all knew each other yes...but know that we r a 40 trk mega fleet...i will long as their cordial...course they All seem Ta know me...and I don't know who 1/2 of em ####### are from Adams housecat....lol

8. JRTBud87

JRTBud87 Light Load Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Scio, Oregon
    Really????

9. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    I dont talk to any drivers if I can help it. Not being a jerk but Im out here to make money, also I have my wife with me, so I dont like to have them around. When in the terminal with other drivers around I dont want to talk to company drivers too. I just want to drive.

10. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    the only time and place I'd talk to other drivers was at the tank washes. Other than that I mind my own business. At truck stop lounges I'll keep my headphones in even if I'm not listening to anything to keep other drivers from talking to me.

GenericUserName Thanks this.
  11. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    Schneider has different rules as you can't go anywhere without running into one, lol.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.