When should I apply

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by milby, Jun 10, 2018.

1. milby

milby Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Higginsville, MO
    I've decided on Maverick as my number one choice if I can get hired on there. I retire from my current job next April and will have to go to CDL school. I would like to start my trucking career in early May 2019 so as not to have too much of an income gap. I know I'm still a long way out but I'm not sure how long the hiring process is. Is there a back log of people trying to get on with Maverick?

So my question is when should I start the application process?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I’d call them and ask the same question.

4. milby

milby Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Higginsville, MO
    I will but I thought I would try to get some input from some current Maverick drivers also.

Maybe I should rephrase the question here.

What was the time frame from when you applied at Maverick until you arrived for orientation?

Thanks

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  5. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Sorry - I was overthinking things again. Good point.

6. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    Apply tomorrow.

7. line3

line3 Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2018
    I separate from the military in February 2019. I already have an application in. My recruiter is Ryan and he has told me that when I get ready to go to orientation I'll pretty much have my pick as to when I want to go because I had my application in so early. He stays in contact with me, calls about once a month just to touch base and make sure my plans haven't changed. He also called a few weeks ago just to let me know that the student glass pay just went from .50 to .53. Really cool guy. I have a good feeling about Maverick.

8. winnj

winnj Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Coppell, TX
    Same experience here. Approved in November last year and couldn’t start until after June 30. They stayed in touch the whole way calling every other week. Heading to Little Rock July 15.

9. george1970

george1970 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2018
    Applied July 10th going for orientation August 26th .

10. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    I started driving in 2015, the starting pay was 46 per mile for glass then. So it is 53 now? It just keeps going up. In 2017 I was getting around 60cpm but had to take a break at the end of the year.

I've been on a year long vacation in the Philippines but will return and start driving for them again hopefully by February. I'm assuming that they'll take me back again, they did when I took several months off in 2016.

On my return last time I drove to little rock and did the physical, took a test for glass and flat bed and was in a truck by Wednesday I think.

Hopefully things haven't changed but I am sure the freight is a little different.

11. plentygood

plentygood Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    USA / CANADA
    Maverick won't mind waiting if your worth the wait.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.