Where are you

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Cruz31307, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

Did the south Receed again?

#### THEM! :biggrin_2559:

American Trucker

THBatMan8 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    They need to get the cannon-fodder from somewhere! You know how it is... duty NCO has an extra body around, and doesn't need the lieutenant giving him a hard time about why you're just sittin' around perusing an old Playboy... so it's key detail!

:biggrin_25512:

You were delivered? Overnight, 2nd day or ground? :biggrin_2559:

At the worst Wally DC in existence. Roberts LA.

otherhalftw Thanks this.
  4. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Less than overnight! According to my mother (though I was there I just can't seem to recall the event!) it would have been compared to the Alka Seltzer jingle at the time......plop, plop, fizz, fizz..oh what a relief it is!:biggrin_2559:

And yes...by the second day I was grounded!:biggrin_25514:

ironpony Thanks this.
  5. zebcohobo

zebcohobo Vincent Van Gopher

Jul 19, 2010
    Redbank,SC
    Probably the only child born with a red pencil in his hand:biggrin_2559:

6. mitchtazz

mitchtazz Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    Jump pay is now $150... so much for all of the busy work, i'm just floating right now.. only got two more drills until i'm done with the rest of my 8yr commitment to the US Military.. Hopefully next drill they let me put the 60K Loader on the lowboy and take it to Tampa to get one of the hydraulic lines fixed.

yeah i know it's just one line, and we could easily drive a smaller vehicle over there to get it and bring it back and put it on.. but then it would only take a couple of hours to do it.. if i'm allowed to take the lowboy, i'm pretty sure i can burn a full eight hours doing it.. and then that means no b.s work, and no moving things from one room to another, just so we can move them right back on Sunday..

chances are they wont let me do it though.. CDL doesn't mean anything to the military, just as the hazardous material certificate issued by the military means nothing to the DMV.

7. Dave 1960

Dave 1960 Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Shepherd, TX
    Just ate some yummy stuff a lady across the road made and she said they know a logger that might need someone. Local and daytime! Could not ask for more.

ironpony and Injun Thank this.
  8. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    If you went South on 318 to Vegas...there were several active mines on your way.

If the "tailings" were white, it was silver. Pink was Molybdenum ("Moly"...quick silver). Greenish blue, would be copper. Black would be either Titanium or Iron. Yellow is sulfur.

Eastern/Central NV is big on minerals and metals....of course the northern counties are really big in microscopic gold.....all the "factories" from Elko to Winnemucca (Battle Mountain actually).

Kennecott just reopened the Ruth open pit mine...seems the copper and "Moly" are worth reviving the rail run to Salt Lake for refining....along with some other minimal stuff they just sell off.....like the "after discard" for gold to the mills in Elko.

9. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

not true at all.

in 2008 the US army started sending guys to civilian truck driving school so that they didnt have to hire truck drivers anymore to move stuff within the states.....

when i got my Class A i was offered a $25,000 sign on bonus to sign up for 4 yrs with the army (a small portion of that was due to my 5yrs with the USAF Auxillary and the fact that i was a 2nd LT there)

They used to all the time not sure if they still do ran ads offering $10,000-$20,000 sign on bunuses for CDL holders to join the army......:yes2557:

American Trucker

10. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009
    '

wow go dave! :biggrin_25514: whoa! :biggrin_2559:

American Trucker

Injun Thanks this.
  11. mitchtazz

mitchtazz Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl

i meant in the sense that i burn 2500mi a week with little to no supervision, but just to move a straight job 5ton truck around the parking lot i need to ground guides, one in the back and one in the front which is kinda crazy because i can back into a parking spot at a pilot with no issues but in order to pull into a slanted parking spot in the motor pool, i need a guy in the back, a guy in the front and riding the brakes the whole time... and if i dont have it on my military license i can't drive it.. which is even funnier because i can drive LMTV Tractor, but i can't drive the M916 because it's not on my license, and the M916 is nothing but a militarized Freightliner.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.