Where are you

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Cruz31307, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    hanging around outside detriot
    waiting for daylight so i can see the muggers coming

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Eaton18

Eaton18 Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Waverly, KS
    Friday sorta sucked. Delivered rock to a small strip south of Canton, KS. It is a tight place to start with, then another one of our drivers dumped in a place that made it even harder to get into and out of. From there was sent to Marquette to load Haydite for Iola. I cringed and cussed when I saw that, because on Thursday when I loaded out of there, the conveyor motor broke down. Well Friday proved no different. Upon arriving I saw another driver sitting under the chute, and the thing was broke down. CRAP!!! You see I was suppose to be at mom-in-laws' visitation by 6pm. It was 10:30am when I rolled in. It took 4 hrs to get loaded, and during that time I called dispatch, and he finally agreed to allow me to just bring it to the yard and deliver on Monday. If not for that I wouldn't have made it.

Weekend was very busy, funeral on Saturday, then there was a gathering on Sunday to celebrate one of wife's sister's birthday and another sister's wedding anniversary. Then had to get yard mowed.

Getting ready to head out to deliver that load to Iola, from there I don't and won't know until 7am..

Stay safe..

JimBob24 and teddy_bear6506 Thank this.
  4. CertifiedSweetie

CertifiedSweetie Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Pittsburgh,Pa
    No not yet!!! :D:D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I was going to go past there but it was kinda out of the way!!!

teddy_bear6506 and otherhalftw Thank this.
  5. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    After a long day/night stuck between a Carrier and a Tri-Pak.....Sunnyside, WA headed to Fremont, CA!

6. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Hey Zen! I was at this Pilot yesterday...

[​IMG]

Do you know where it was? I am not gonna tell you... :biggrin_25522:

Now at a rest area in VA. DARN 4 wheelers in Washington DC! Seems they have this habit of entering the hwy in high speed and trying to push you to the side and cut in front of you...:biggrin_25510: And this other habit of trying to speed and cut in front of you if they see their lane ending... :biggrin_25510: I got soooooo mad! :biggrin_25510: It happened twice... idiot 4 wheeler was on a right lane that was going to end due to construction. He was way behind me... Instead of getting behind me... NOOOOO! He speeds up and keeps coming... But he wasn't fast enough and I saw his lane ending and the idiot was going to hit the construction barrel... I couldn't move to left lane cause other idiot 4 wheelers all in a hurry, would not let me... So, I played my air horn as long as I could and prayed to God the idiot would realize he would commit suicide if he didn't get behind me. Thankfully he backed off... BUT the second idiot who tried to do something similar had a much faster car and was able to squeeze between the concrete wall and my truck... Well, good for him... I couldn't have moved anyway.... I played my horn while he was passing me and cursed sooooooo much.... :biggrin_25516::biggrin_25516: What a bunch of ***********

Zen Trucker and JimBob24 Thank this.
  7. Cranky Yankee

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    spent 6 hours at a reciever in detriot another 14 shot
    had to cancel a preplan and am hanging around the Detroiter
    flying j did some cosmetics same old dump

8. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Hey Pete! Where is Patty?

9. Cranky Yankee

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
  10. Eaton18

Eaton18 Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Waverly, KS
    J.E.C loaded and headed to Hays.

Sent from inside my bucket truck.

11. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Knoxville TN, heading to Harrisburg and Philly for Wednesday morning. Got a repower... driver I got it from certainly had a bad case of cranial rectumitis!

:biggrin_25524::biggrin_2556::biggrin_25513:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.