Where do I go from here?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by copperdome, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    I wouldnt haul anything for them, if your boss was anykind if person that watched nothing happen and they lie to get one of hos employees banned.
    He should speak up.
    Me personally, I’d pull my trucks and tell the plant owner, not his little go to girl what happened, and refuse the wok.
    There are other shippers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. copperdome

copperdome Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2019
    I can see my boss’s angle on it as well though. The charcoal plant is the only game in town so to speak for hauling sawdust locally. There are a few other places, but they are either too particular as far as what type of wood it is, or they don’t pay well enough, or they don’t have enough room to accommodate regularly.

I’m not the only employee that hauled there, and it is a tricky situation if I were to pursue something legally, even just pursuing it at all period, might get me in trouble. The (charcoal plant) is an independent and in reality they have the legal right to ban the entire company if they wanted to.

The most I would have would be a slander case against the dozer operator that made the false report. That being said I don’t think it’s worth it to go after the individual. I believe in time he will reap what he has sown. I’m not the only one who has complained and I think eventually that situation will boil over and he will be dealt with anyway.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.