Where is everyone #5

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DDlighttruck, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Qbf594

Qbf594 Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Southern Canadian annex, NY
    We all have to accept things that are outside our nature. Single people have to deal with couples everywhere and kids everywhere. Short people see everything oriented over their eyesight level. Fat people in skinny chairs. Minorities in a neighborhood and carnivores in the vegetarian district.
    Difference is now instead of gay men being jailed or killed they can have their own nightclubs and likely won't be killed there. But hetero guys are mortally offended that somehow they are having splinters driven under their nails by the mere presence.
    The shove and shove back is an eternal reality. So when someone is shoving back to extreme measures it might be wise to understand their motivation. Pretty sure if you dispassionately review history there are enough instances of 'nuisance groups' being shoved to explain the shove back we are seeing now.
    Escalation of the shoving match by intolerance and disrespect on both(either) sides serves NO benefit and neither side is going away.
    Aren't we as a species smart enough for new solutions?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. shooter19802003

shooter19802003 Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Idaho
    Sure. However it isn't that big if a problem, we just think it is. If you want to use gays as an example. People may be offended by it....sure. however, not enough that it is a problem or atleast a rampant one. There are roughly 400 million or so people in this country both legally and illegally. If hate crimes were such a problem, folks would be dropping like flies. One or two or ten crimes a day or week or whatever is pretty insignificant statically speaking. Obviously not insignificant to them though. There will always be one group that's dislikes another, that is life. Again, tribalism at its finest.

4. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    Well happy anniversary to Mr. And Mrs. Super.

Ours was 2 days ago, 21 yrs of giving Mrs. Crusher hell.

5. PoleCrusher

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    We live in OH. That's the view from my backyard, which ends 20' from the house. That little bit of farmland is on our west and north side.

6. Eldiablo

Eldiablo Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Don’t shove your #### down my throat and we will be fine. It’s funny I work with a gay guy and he’s one of the best guys to work with. We get along good and neither of us care what the other “is”. He doesn’t force his lifestyle on anyone. So why is it hard to accept that maybe the ones that are trying to force everyone to “like” their ways are the problem??? It seems You like to criticize the ones that’s sick of all the crap that’s forced on us but not the ones doing it.

7. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    100% correct. We used to be the best in the world at everything. Everything ### backwards now. In my school your Sr year you didn't have to take any math or science classes if you didn't want to but they made you take history and English Lol. That's why lots of other nations are surpassing us in education

8. Qbf594

Qbf594 Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Southern Canadian annex, NY
    I think you misunderstand. My point was 1..everybody has to put up with the other obnoxious humans. We just differ on what's obnoxious. 2..power moves around in society and it's normal for new power to wish to get even with past offenses real or imagined. 3..dragging emotional drama into the mix doesn't facilitate the best outcomes.
    And no. Bad behavior is bad behavior regardless of where it originated. I just don't see the majority of complaints about the 'suffering' from being forced to deal with all this 'crap' as legitimate. It sounds like whining frankly.
    NOTE I said majority. Yes I am aware of some egreqious misbehaving. But not enough to explain to volume of distress.
    YES I am very concerned about radical liberal efforts to silence difficult/touchy topics.
    All of this would be improved by a little more stoicism on EVERYONE'S part.

Nostalgic Thanks this.
  9. cke

cke Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Colfax Wi
    Happy belated Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. Crusher

10. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    The infections I’m referring to are not from the procedure but from the stud that is screwed into your jaw. I guess it doesn’t seal up to the gum like a tooth would and bacteria gets down in there resulting in an infection.

11. PoleCrusher

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    That does sound nasty, painful.

Rocks, singlescrewshaker, cke and 4 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.