Where should a client look for a hauler?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Redbeardfifty, Jan 30, 2022.

1. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    C’mon man!! You coulda put a little car on the back!! Lol;):D

Banker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Believe me, if I was still at Cassens there would have been another unit on the back. We ran 10 and 11 unit loads in the city! Bad memories Bob, but they did make me a better Carhauler.

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  4. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    That and the equipment you had to run will definitely make you a better car hauler!! Especially with that gravy train you’re driving now! It looks sharp with that long low trailer on it!

Banker Thanks this.
  5. Redbeardfifty

Redbeardfifty Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2022
    Another guy from Vacaville (another town near me) got his truck in at the same dealer.
    So that makes 3 looking to ship.
    And it’s been crickets.
    In a couple weeks there may be a trx caravan down 80 lol

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  6. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    With 3 of you to split the costs I bet you can get a dedicated truck. Still going to be big money to get a truck but good help doesn’t come cheap. If you can’t get a carhauler to move them try a stepdeck company like Landstar. A Landstar owner op should have ramps to load them but they aren’t cheap either. I guess they could get 3 on a trailer. @blairandgretchen may have a guess on the costs for that scenario. Your dealer probably has regular carhaulers that haul his used units to him and he should be able to get them shipped.

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  7. Redbeardfifty

Jan 30, 2022
    You would think the dealer did. But this is their first year doing large sales out of state.
    A broker joined the trucks social media forum as a sponsor and they are trying to work a deal with the dealer being the “shipping company” so it’s all sorted when buying the truck. I’ll bet those of you with access to the load board can see his open trailer listings.
    And he is quoting double all the other brokers while saying he has full time “leased” out 400 trucks and drivers.
    So everyone thinks he has a fleet.

a lot of people buying these trucks have more money than brains and just want it done. I sadly have to actually budget my life lol. This truck was years in the savings.

id be curious what the charge would be to put 3 on a truck and shipped here.
    Granger Iowa (50109 zip) to Bay Area Califonria (94519 if you need a zip). And it’s 2 and soon to be 3 2022 ram 1500 trx trucks.

8. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Going with LS would require credit check and all that hoo-ha, we're not a good fit for one-offs.

Maybe any O/O with a step and ramps (and a CA legal setup) on this forum may be a good go - bit of cash up front for goodwill and COD. ?

Banker Thanks this.
  9. Redbeardfifty

Jan 30, 2022
  10. Redbeardfifty

Jan 30, 2022
    So an update. Long story short but a person in corporate for ram was monitoring my build and sale of my truck.
    I had sent a letter of thanks and he knew my hand writing and signature abs frustration with the process.
    he noticed the “how was your experience and condition of the truck” survey had been filled out with all perfects and a wavy line where the signature was supposed to be.

apparently the dealer filled out the survey for me and signed my name.

the trucks also have a couple known likely manufacturing issues like unseated fuses and oil cooler lines not fully clipped in. I asked the dealer if they could check these and they said no it’s not part of the PDI. So instead of fighting and with a chance of me having to drive it back, I asked if I could pay for A SINGLE service hour for them to check these things. About 8 mins of work if you’re already doing the factory PDI and 15 mins of you have to pull the truck in.
    I got 2 hours tacked onto my purchase price. 2 flipping hours.

But the forged signature was the last straw.

im flying out Monday night, arriving tues late morning to get the truck. Hopefully everything is in order and I don’t have to spend any more time than needed.

I’ll be in a blue ram 1500 trx with temp tags driving i80 home. If you see me, wave or honk or what ever.
    I’ll be seeing if I don’t get kicked out of rest areas sleeping in the back seat lol.

just kidding, wife said I have to get hotel rooms because it’s going to be cold and I have more titanium in me than a fighter jet.

I thank you all for your help and guidance!!! Drive safe, stay warm!! 32DA17E7-58A5-4E36-9F81-286DA43CE6CE.jpeg

11. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Sounds like time to find another dealer.

Coffey and Gatordude Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.