Where's Everyone @?

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by motocross25, Jul 26, 2017.

1. The Kraut

The Kraut Medium Load Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Land of Enchantment
    These Portland runs were cancelled, I think they were loaded out of Idaho.
    Was in Oregon only once. As long as I get the miles I stick with the California runs.
    I know that we have some Oregon runs, I have an annual permit in the truck but never was there again :rolleyes:
    It's now day 16 since I'm out and have 7800 miles so far.

Shock Therapy and motocross25 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Oh ok I getcha. I knew you just got your new place too so I figured it wouldn’t upset you still running California. That’s really good miles, hopefully the weather turns and stays decent and the winds die down finally. Seems like it’s been windy everywhere for months. It’s getting old.

The Kraut and Shock Therapy Thank this.
  4. The Kraut

Sep 5, 2013
    Land of Enchantment
    Denver CO.
    After my delivery in Topeka KS Saturday morning I came back to the yard with 28 minutes left on my 70.
    Only getting 6.5 hrs back on Sunday I took a reset on the yard and hooked up to a preloaded trailer from Chicago to Denver for a 15:00 appointment today.
    Made it to the truck stop with 2 minutes left on my 14 :rolleyes:
    Tomorrow morning I pickup in Denver back to Nebraska.

Shock Therapy and motocross25 Thank this.
  5. The Kraut

Sep 5, 2013
    Land of Enchantment
    On the yard in Omaha.
    Tuesday morning I picked up a load to Crete NE, was loaded in 30 minutes.
    Dropped my trailer in Crete, no empties there and bobtailed to the yard. Was asked if I can make a short one on Wednesday, no problem, delivered in Kearney NE and picked up a loaded in Grand Island and dropped it on the yard for another driver,
    Truck was due for a DOT safety and APU PM and I was due for a new driver's medical, all done this morning, I'm good for another two years :rolleyes:
    My load will be loaded tonight, deliver on Sunday morning in San Diego and Monday morning in L.A.
    Already preplanned for a load out of L.A. for NM that gets me home next week.
    Time to take a week off ;)

6. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    What's a pre plan? My company doesn't seem to believe in them...

That being said, I'm sitting here west of Bismarck ND with a dry load (in a reefer) delivering tomorrow (Monday) in New Salem. Of course I have no pre plan, so who knows what, where, or when I'll get loaded back to the east coast.

The Kraut and Shock Therapy Thank this.
  7. The Kraut

Sep 5, 2013
    Land of Enchantment
    Sitting in San Diego since 9 AM this morning waiting for a dock. At 4 PM a guy came to my truck, I thought, finally, no, he brought me back my papers and told me I have to wait till tomorrow morning to get unloaded :mad:
    I was on time for my appointment!
    Will be late for my second drop tomorrow morning, but it's the same company :rolleyes:
    Hope I can make my pick up on time tomorrow afternoon, time to go home.

Farmerbob1 and Shock Therapy Thank this.
  8. Shock Therapy

Shock Therapy Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2016
    n.cntrl il
    :banghead:

The Kraut Thanks this.
  9. The Kraut

Sep 5, 2013
    Land of Enchantment
    But... I'm not the only one, two other guys who were waiting all day got their papers too and have to wait till tomorrow. It was just interesting to see that they unloaded some other trucks who came later than us...

Shock Therapy Thanks this.
  10. The Kraut

Sep 5, 2013
    Land of Enchantment
    Some trips suck :mad:
    Was finally done in San Diego Monday morning at 8 AM. Headed to L.A. for my last drop.
    When I was there, I heard from dispatch that my load home was cancelled :mad:
    That was good so, because I was sitting in L.A. for 6.5 hours :rolleyes:
    There was a problem with two cases that the customer rejected.
    Meanwhile I got a new reload home, but it doesn't load till tomorrow afternoon, will get paid layover.
    Dispatch couldn't reach anybody at the plant in Omaha so they went back on the truck.
    Had a dream of a nice BBQ with 60 pounds of beef at home last night :cool:
    This morning the customer decided to take the two cases, went back to drop them. (BBQ cancelled ;))
    Sitting in the Avocado Capitol of the World right now.

11. The Kraut

Sep 5, 2013
    Land of Enchantment
    At home since yesterday morning.
    Woke up to this on Wednesday morning:

20180503_113106.jpg 20180503_115911.jpg

Checked all tires on the trailer and found another one leaking air with a nail in it. Three tires, never had this before :rolleyes:

Fortunately we have the tire inflating system on the trailers and after loading and driving 20 minutes all tires had full pressure. Made it from Cali to NM and stopped in Gallup Thursday at the Love's and had two tires fixed, one bolt was too close to the sidewall, put the spare on. Had done it during my 10 hours break, as my delivery was 1 AM Friday morning, had plenty of time to get there.
    Was empty 3:20 AM and on the way home. Stopped in Edgewood to sleep another 2 hrs, didn't want to wake up my wife so early in the night.
    Now enjoying 9 days off, will leave again Monday 14th.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.