Where's u tankers loading at this morning

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by 19d, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    So far I'm really liking the tanker life. First few weeks I did short runs. Some drop and hooks, some pump loads that I dropped in Chicago. (Sleeping in Gary gets real old real fast by the way.) Then one back to Colorado, then loaded at the terminal and ran to SLC, then a couple of SoCal to Colorado round trips. Yesterday I ran up to Michigan, back at the terminal now, tomorrow load up here and head to Colorado. Hoping for a 34 (or even a 58!) there. Everything and everyone at this company has been great so far, no complaints at all. I don't miss flatbedding at all either. Yes, flatbedding is a very manly way of trucking, but so is hauling chemicals. So there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Where the hell did everyone go?! 19D hasnt been on since the first week of June! I haul milk from the same farm everyday, so I dont it because its boring, I guess and milk hauling sucks more than working for a first year mega-carrier

4. Orange713

Orange713 Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Houston, tx
    On vacation for 3 weeks

5. lagging

lagging Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2016
    Atlanta Ga
    Went to ltl life is to wonderful to get on and complain now

scythe08 Thanks this.
  6. Mainah

Mainah Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2015
    Winslow, Maine
    I do the same old thing all the time for the local outfit I'm with right now, so I don't post too much.

Something exciting did happened a few weeks ago at the company. So they bought 13 trucks this year, 4 Volvo VNL (new style), 7 Western Star 4900 SB, and 2 Kenworth T-880 (new model for us). The Western Star's came with a 505hp DD15 and 13 speed Eaton UltraShift Plus transmission. The motor blew in one of them with just 75 miles on the odometer! One of the valves dropped when the jake brake was engaged for the first time. Another one went out and lost the alternator on the first day, and the second day it blew the radiator! The 4 Volvo's are suppose to be the last, because the wiring in the older trucks hasn't held up very well to Maine winters. Except for this years group, the star cars have done quite well for us.

scythe08 and Bud A. Thank this.
  7. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    BUMP

picking up a preloaded tomorrow early morning for a 10am delivery in E. Providence RI. Then back empty. Thursday will probably do something similiar. Friday loading up in Wilmington MA for a next thursday Phoenix AZ delivery. Going to stop for a couple days in St. Louis for a reset and visit some friends. Also just boosted my truck with a bully dog....wowowo what a difference. I pulled a loaded trailer this afternoon to test it out and my o my was the difference noticeable. Right now its set at +20% power so i guess thats 660 hp (stock is 550) I may turn it down to 12%. I got the GT tuner which has the three programs + stock settings. Going to play around with it to get a good mix of power/economy.

Bud A. and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  8. scythe08

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Still picking up at the same farm. Almost quit last week. Wont go into why, as its milk hauling and that's all that's needed to be said.
    I have to admit I love playing with this farm dog every day. She'll sit in front of the scale and not move until you play with her and let her inside. 20180726_060008.jpg

Bud A., Adrienna Brown and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  9. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    You should just work out of my terminal. Weekly outbound to pheonix and it tank washes at Danny's so you'd be guaranteed a ticket home.

scythe08 Thanks this.
  10. scythe08

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Thanks, but Phoenix is temporary. Struggling with heat and crime

11. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Done loading late last night and early this morning Eastern Australian time had to load 103,000 litres then delivered 51,500 litres (13,588 gal) of Diesel Fuel to one of the local coal mines with the rest loaded for next shift driver am now enjoying my 4 days break woo hoo.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    ncdriver1, kemosabi49 and scythe08 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.