Which States are the unfriendliest to truckers?

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by dieselbear, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Leftlane larry

Leftlane larry Bobtail Member

May 16, 2011
    springfield,Il
    bunch of sissys, have run all states, except alaska, and hawaii. Kansas will pull more random stops than any state. Oregon is also a major headache. your timed between scales, and it better not be below the allowable time or the DOT will come out and ticket you.. And then cite you for every Nickle, also your logs will be put into the mill, Oregon is
    the most adverse state I have ever run in... just sayin

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Gonna need a long bridge to get to Hawaii huh. Yeah you get good and bad D.O.T in all states i've had cases where i was supposed to go in to the Port of entry and kept on driving not on purpose but more because i'd missed the exit couldn't back up never got chased (maybe they were eating do- nuts) that was in Wyoming another time i went through the POE on the I-80 near Sacramento i was about 1200lb over on the drive and they never pulled me up the other time was in Indiana again i was about 1500lb over on the drive i got pulled in but no fine the Gal at the counter bless her heart loved my accent not sure whether thats why i got off the hook of whether it was my aussie charm or i'd just met a really nice i'll give you another chance type of officer .

4. Oi!

Oi! Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    It might be a bad day, but at least it's not a bad day in California.

5. Round2

Round2 Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2012
    WA
    All 49 of the states are very friendly, but that nation they call Cali is not friendly, even to it's own!

6. Round2

Round2 Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2012
    WA
    Cali wrote me for #40 on my steers and I only had four pallets on. Just shortened up my refer to get around L.A. and forgot to stretch back out. Then he made me pull my chrome headlight 1/2 covers, he then took them from me and bent them in half. The SOB can't do that!

7. Dave 1960

Dave 1960 Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Shepherd, TX
    I see a LOT of trucks pulled over around Houston. I don't know why unless it's to make more money for the city.....

8. Superhauler

Superhauler TEACHER OF MEN

Jan 30, 2010
    keep stroking.
    have you seen some of the trucks running around houston?:biggrin_25524:

9. uglyvegas

uglyvegas Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2011
    las vegas, nv
    Cali is the worst, a driver for my company got written for 20lbs over at the Cajone scales, come on 20 pounds? I was written for the chain around my spare tire being to loose at the same coop:biggrin_25513:
    At the EB I-70 scale heading for donner as I pulled in a piece of shaped iron (never did figure out what it was for, even the guys at the shop didn't know) fell off the low boy in front of me and hit the undercarrage of the rig. I pulled around to the back to check it out and it was lodged between my spring hanger and airbag and had poked a small hole in the airbag. I walked into the scale to ask if it was OK to stay there for a while to get roadservice out to fix it. Sure it would be fine and let me see your license.... and she proceeded to write me a ticket!!

The state is flat broke and is looking for any way to make money!

10. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    If I knew that I had a problem, even if it just happened, I would keep rolling and find a garage rather than take a chance of getting a ticket. That is if the truck would make it. I think that it is really crappy that she would have written you a ticket given the circumstances.

11. uglyvegas

uglyvegas Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2011
    las vegas, nv
    It probably would have made it, it was just a small leak. I just didn't figure she would write me for doing the right thing, she even admitted she heard it hit me so she knew it just happened. Live and learn

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.