Which States are the unfriendliest to truckers?

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by dieselbear, Mar 9, 2009.

1. madbunny

madbunny Medium Load Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Indiana
    Well we can't fit into California and Oregon.....I don't believe in traveling at the warp speed of 55.....so they have my votes for the two worse. Of course we don't go to the NE coast either.....paid our dues and we aren't going back.

DannyB Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dial Tone

Dial Tone Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Kansas City, KS
    Hey Frago...I would agree for the most part. I can't believe how extreme CA gets with some of the stuff they regulate. Now McDonald's can't put toys in Happy Meals unless their 600 calories or less. Nice going San Francisco. Can't blame McD for that. Why not point the finger at the parents who allow their kids to eat and eat and eat. Be thankful the marijuana law didn't pass in that state. I believe CA has gone off the deep end when it comes to passing regulations and rules governing trucks, ships, trains, etc. Ever notice that anything you buy anymore has a warning label that some of the contents in the product, according to the state of CA, causes cancer. They just take things to the exteme. They have bigger problems to worry about. That state needs to get back to basics.

4. Racecar17

Racecar17 Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Yucaipa,Ca
    I would say California and Louisiana,just my thoughts

5. Dave 1960

Dave 1960 Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Shepherd, TX
    I've not been in Kali just yet. I still say based on taking a 53 footer in with a 70 sleeper tractor NJ and the tiny states close to it are not easy to drive in.

6. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    I love Jersey...and Chicago and most of Mass, all of Maine, Luzianne and don't mind Ohio or Pennsylvania.

I do not consider a state to be unfriendly because they haven't yet figured out the dangers of split speed limits or a few stories about bad encounters with DOT bears. A state is "unfriendly" when there is not enough parking, the locals know it and yet not only make laws and statutes about parking on ramps, but also make it unlawful to park behind a grocery store or warehouse. They want their stuff, but they don't want to see how it gets there...sort of the "servant's entrance" approach. They want us to get in, get unloaded (or loaded) and get out. Don't dare hang out.

In other words, Maryland, Vermont and Connecticut. As far as states go. Areas? Any touristy or ritzy area. Try hanging out in Corpus without a prearranged parking spot sometime.

7. Pumpkin Oval Head

Pumpkin Oval Head Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Scranton PA
    Yeah, I hear ya...I always think..."geez, you babies need some whine with that there cheese you are eating, some good Kali whine".

You would think they have never heard of a wild fire, a mudslide, or an earthquake.
    None of their legislation can stop the environmental hazards they live in....just wait...pretty soon Kali will outlaw trucks driving over 25 mph cause it might cause an earthquake....:biggrin_2559:

8. RevealTVProject

RevealTVProject Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    California is pretty unfriendly to everybody. Trucks are barely allowed to drive on any of the freeways!

9. yarddogmbw

yarddogmbw Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Ohio
    Ohio loves to DOT in the rest areas. If you have the choice you are better off to stop at the truck stop. I do most of my driving in ohio, but the only place I have ever had DOT inspections is in PA?

10. Markers83

Markers83 Light Load Member

Oct 30, 2010
    winter haven, fla

What an old fashioned way of thinking.

Alcohol is the most dangerous drug in the world, responsible for hundereds of thousands of deaths.

Tobacco is responsible for millions of deaths, is extremely addictive, and it's perfectly legal.

Marijuana is responsible for no deaths, people don't overdose on it, and it doesn't make you jump off buildings thinking your superman like PCP does. But the old fashion way of thinking will tell you that it's a bad "drug", even though it comes from the ground as a plant and isn't manufactured or processed.

I haven't smoked it and probably never will, but it's ridiculous to throw away someone's life and lock them up because they wanted to get high and feel good at home after a long hard day of work.

That's what I have a problem with, and people continue to make Mary Jane the bad guy, because it doesn't have the lobbyist money like big tobacco and big budwieser fighting for it to be legalized. Either make smoking and drinking illegal also, or make pot legal. Because those things are much, much worse. Any statistics will tell you that.

11. Dave 1960

Dave 1960 Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Shepherd, TX
    Oklahoma seemed to be haunting the Rest Areas today.

Never passed an open scale from Eagle Pass to here in Tonkawa, OK i-35 x211

Not a very big Loves, but I have fantastic Wifi signal!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.