Who do I contact to report highway patrol?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Newdriver813, Mar 3, 2024.

1. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    I doubt there’s much you can do, to be honest. But, if you’re hell bent on reporting the incident, contact the district attorney’s office.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    tin foil.jpg I think I know what the issue is.....

4. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    The law here in Iowa is your headlights need to be on if you need to run the wipers so that is a legitimate law at least here in Iowa

5. Newdriver813

Newdriver813 Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2023
    I’m in a brand new car only have 7k miles on it, you don’t think I have my lights on? Cop followed me for 5 miles.

and I’m not attacking, don’t think I’m saying this in an aggressive manner.

Last Call Thanks this.
  6. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Read my words VERY carefully. 1st get your mind off going to the Feds, that smells of that US Marshal BS and is 100% myth! If you feel strongly that a cop has disrespected you as soon as you can go visit that cop's supervisor. Nothing is going to happen, but you will feel better and that supervisor will have ammo to use if that cop is a bad apple. I might also add start recording all interactions with cops and upload the video to TicTok or Youtube.

7. Newdriver813

Jan 8, 2023
    This car won’t let you drive without the seat belt on and it will tell me to put my hands back on the steering wheel if I take them off. But it will cut the headlights off when it’s raining?

8. Michelle33

Michelle33 Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2024
    West Texas
    I'm sorry you were treated that way. I understand how that feels myself. Not because of my race but because I wasn't a local, my husband was deployed-, so I was by myself and people didn't like it.. probably the wives of the town- thinking I wanted their gross husbands or something ignorant like that :p it was scary weird. But That's small Texas towns for ya though...
    The police would pull me over all the time after work at like 2-3am. It was terrifying how they would talk to me etc. Much more happened but ya, I actually ended up moving myself and my children, because of it after a few months.

All of that back story to say, I understand in part what your saying. There are bad police- they can be quite intimidating just because they can- and it is really upsetting that its allowed to go unchecked because most people don't believe it happens (because they've never experienced it :rolleyes:) So I get it.. However, I don't think there's anything you can do about it right now. I would take some of the suggestions that were mentioned- such as get a body cam- record everything from this point forward. You already know you may be a target, so record it all- then when you build up proof- reach out to a lawyer. DO NOT JUMP INTO REPORTING THIS- Chances are it will make it much worse, increase the harassment and can become extremely dangerous for you. So this is something that takes patience and alot of proof. Try to just be cooperative- no matter how stupid- only say/answer what is necessary. Don't be to nice, Don be rude- just very flat, plain and simple- but record everything.

Again, I'm sorry this happened to you.. but I hope this helps somewhat. I know how upsetting it can be. I truly wish you the absolute best. Try to stay positive and always be vigilant- God bless you and yours. :love5:

9. Ex-Trucker Alex

Ex-Trucker Alex Heavy Load Member

Jan 7, 2023
    Yes, it certainly DOES attract a lot of "drama queens", who post wild accusations, threated to call the federal autorities over petty local disputes, then don't share ANY pertinent details. Those people drive me crazy!!!

Oh, wow, man, I think you've got a 'supreme court level case' there! I'd IMMEDIATELY spend about $10k on a retainer with Johnny Cochran.....

So.....this post IS a 'troll', isn't it? Kinda like the old Monty Python skit "I've come 'ere for an argument"???

10. Newdriver813

Jan 8, 2023
    I appreciate the kind words and advice. If I was in an area I didn’t know, I wouldn’t even care, but this area was a little too close to home. However, since this where I grew up, I felt violated. I know if I was some old lady driving down the road this wouldn’t happen. But since I look like the typical felon, he pulled me and it didn’t help the plates were out of state.

Im the kindest person you can meet. I never been arrested a day in my life.

Freddy57 and Michelle33 Thank this.
  11. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    If what your saying is correct then you need to lawyer up cause that sure doesn’t seem right

4mer trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.