Who is hauling so cheap?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Hauler545, Feb 25, 2023.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I think "West Coast" is the telling point.

bzinger and Banker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I'm not in the business, all I can say is the local Ford dealership in our small town hasn't had new inventory for sale on the lot for almost 2 years now.

Opus and Banker Thank this.
  4. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I am in the late stages of buying a new “Service vehicle/portable toolbox”. The only dealer around my area that has any real inventory is Ram. GM has some and the diesels in a 1500 are harder to come by but available. My best customer I deliver for they are usually still sold before I get them to the dealer.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  5. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    I sold the 80 footer when prices were crazy but I hardly find much that pays enough to run this truck more than 1 or 2 weeks a month. The picture was Friday morning. We had freezing rain most of the night. Supposed to warm up above freezing Sunday. Maybe the decks will move by Monday. If not , I take this week off too.

Banker and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  6. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Last time I was in there I spied on their whiteboard, and it was filled with pre-ordered vehicles waiting for delivery.

New units are not to be found, their pre-owned lot is partially filled with what I would guess would be - ex rental or lease vehicles. I bought the Challenger from them and assume that's what it was in a previous life.

They were willing to fool with the 75 Vette trade in at that time, in previous years they wouldn't have considered it.

Banker Thanks this.
  7. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I still miss my highrail on occasion!

8. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Fortunately the local GMC dealer is one of my favorite dealers to deliver to and they always treated me very well. I talked with the sales manager today who is friends with several old drinking buddies and he is going to treat me right. My wife will analyze the numbers and give me permission to buy, if the deal is good. Lol

blairandgretchen and bzinger Thank this.
  9. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Sure glad I bought my new silverado in 17 !

blairandgretchen and Banker Thank this.
  10. EvertonP

EvertonP Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2022
    flood gates open Monday am for the Oshawa off sites. That 2 week shutdown of Ft Wayne won’t attract any real attention. There’s a few thousand released now

Banker Thanks this.
  11. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    A friend sent me this a couple weeks ago. It peaked my interest briefly, but when I was told 2 weeks at a time out it was automatically a no deal. Someone who doesn’t mind running the road and wanted some time in the union it could be a decent job. The posted revenue is on the low side, but with the correct amount of overflow traffic long haul it could be drastically higher. It’s not as good a deal as the Allied owner ops had, but it sounds like the majority of your freight will be GM overflow which typically pays very well. The company is owned by Jack Cooper for those not familiar with them. 3DFDF054-A260-406F-B131-968372EC21C3.png

EvertonP Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.