Who wears a Trucker Jacket?

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by camionneur, Oct 18, 2016.

1. #1don

#1don Medium Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    somewhere down south
    LOL... and for others... then some

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. camionneur

camionneur Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2013
    [​IMG]
    I gather it's somewhere between footsie and football...

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  4. diesel drinker

diesel drinker Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Where can I find those Japanese collectors?I have trucker's jacket for sell (together with trucker's flip flops and trucker's adidas track pants).
    Boy,those Japanese are sure crazy.

5. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    PARTICULARLY when it comes to their driving.....

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  6. Road Jouster

Road Jouster Light Load Member

"Trucker's Jacket" is a label started by the foreign wanna be drivers. Many haven't learned the word denim yet... those who have can't pronounce it! BTW coffee is great for cleaning the film from the inside of your glass...

Big Don Thanks this.
  7. Flashdrive7

Flashdrive7 Medium Load Member

Apr 24, 2015
    West Coast
    Somewhere in the mid west there's a truck stop with a big embroidery shop. Jackets, t shirts, caps. You name it. They have the shops logo XVIII, eighteen for 18 wheels. I was thinking of getting some stuff and was telling a girl I know in California about them. She's a sharp chick, born and raised in Oakland. She pointed out that sporting that logo could be taken as an affiliation with the infamous 18th street gang.

Big Don Thanks this.
  8. Hoodoo Voodoo

Hoodoo Voodoo Medium Load Member

Ya Levi's actually has a trucker jacket right now that they're selling in a different array of colors also in Japan or China where Levi's are made here they cost about thirty-five to $55 a pair head over there China or Japan they cost about a hundred and thirty-five dollars a pair go figure and there's nothing wrong with cowboy boots and Levi's and your belt buckle and your trucker hat matter fact that's what I'm wearing right now and that's why every day I looked and it has been for many many years long before I ever decided to drive a truck I likes what I likes

camionneur Thanks this.
  9. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    While I don't doubt that for one minute, do you refrain from wearing blue because it could be taken as an affiliation with the Crips, or red, because it could be taken as an affiliation with the Bloods?

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Never heard it called that. I still have mine. It's not doing well.

The other one, leather was disposed of some years ago. Worn through in important places to maintain integreity. That one jacket for most everything out there in terms of weather was the best. But for truly epic life threatening cold etc you needed specialized winter gear.

I may be purchasing more jackets for replacement in the future. Just don't know who would still make them in the old tradition rather than the generic crap that does not do well in 6 months.

QuietStorm Thanks this.
  11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Im in black usually. I avoid blue, red, gold etc.

There is no way to mistake me for a gang member what with the gut and all. In fact, as a concealed carry I present a threat to a gang member in defense to those who cannot defend themselves like a sheepdog against wolves. If I dress correctly no one knows.

Big Don and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.