Who's fault was it?

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by rasymacmac21, Dec 23, 2014.

1. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    I thought he braked at first but watching again I don't think so, just a reflection of his DOT tape is what I think we see.

The truck driver was not at fault but, based on his tone with 911 and his comments about coming into his workplace, his attitude stinks IMO.

tsavory Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    I bet this guy had a big kool-aid smile on his face while he plowed the car down the highway. From the tone and attitude of this video and all that was posted. He was quick to point out the fault of the 4 wheelers, but failed to mention his own negligence, and then have the audacity to post this crap. I bet that truck had those teeth in the grill. If he was paying attention and seen all that was pointed out after the fact. That's nothing more then bullying, and it's too many of these cowards who think they can bully people around because they are protected by the truck. When they get out of it they go back to female dog mode.

Anybody who has toddler sense, can see a ton of ways this could of been avoided. I know some of you think it's us against the 4 wheelers. Just imagine if that was your teenage daughter or wife making that bad choice and seeing the attitude of this I got a new dash cam I can't wait to post how I can cream a 4 wheeler on my you tube channel.

If everybody drove like this cat there would be an accident at dang near every cotton pickin exit ramp. If you know better do better. Slow down it's not going to kill ya. Gee willikers!!

4. tsavory

tsavory Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Paoli, IN
    I agree his attitude suck and pretty sure that it reflects his driving habits.
    I agree it could have been prevented. He lacked the forsight to avoid it and was agrressive instead of defensive.
    But point in fact these 4 wheelers where more agrressive and impatient put themselves into a dangerous position.
    You talk about how some trucks bully because their bigger how about gangup bullying mentality they have do to numbers and maneuverability? Sometimes you have to get a tad bit aggressive try getting on 287 in Brooklyn during rush hour if you dont start taking the lane slow and easy they will never let you in. Sadly it happens out on interstate at high speeds as well when your trying to avoid sonething on the shoulder or in you lane.
    To many Drivers of all types of transportation are of the me first attitude. I leave plenty room when in big cities with heavy traffic the on ramp traffic tends to still try to grab three ahead even though it was safer to slide in front of me.
    As for my wife daughters they dang well know better and i make sure they see the aftermath and where all taught before during and reminded after getting their license how to drive around trucks. So no worries about them cutting a truck off and i will fault them if they do not the driver especially if it so blatantly their stupidity.

5. Dinomite

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    Yes I'm very aware of the trying to get on 287 from Atlantic avenue. As well as counting on the 5 or 6 cars to make that right turn from the left lane that is next to you. Plain and simple if you are in that big of a hurry, and decide to give the keys to your career. To one of these crazy 4 wheelers. You go right ahead. Because at the end of the day. The jurors won't be truck drivers, but people who cut off trucks, and each other to get to the court hose. Good day sirs.

6. Dark_Majesty_06

Dark_Majesty_06 Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    Ever notice the red car caused it but just keeps on boogieing on down the road. Didn't stop to see if he just caused someone to die.. Nothing. That's pretty sad. Most likely the red car was on the cell phone and told the other line "this stupid trucks holding me up.. Well ill show him."

EZX1100 Thanks this.
  7. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Of course I watched it, how would I know he was hanging out in the left lane way too long lol. Proactive, is that what we call skypeing whilst driving nowadays? lol j/k.

It is still going to show up on his PSP report and company's CSA no matter who's fault. It could be an act of divine galactic happenstance, if even one vehicle gets towed from the scene it will go on his report. True proactivity is *not* having collisions and doing whatever it takes to *not* have collisions period. We can't think about blame we can't think about fault any more in that sense. It all comes down to protecting that CSA and PSP.

It is like the story of the husband who was trying to explain to his wife how he slipped and tripped then his girlfriend got pregnant, the wife is not interested in any excuses whatsoever....

Dinomite Thanks this.
  8. slowpoke89

slowpoke89 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Slowpoke land
    that's because UNLESS YOU ARE PASSING, OR THERE IS A SIGN DIRECTING TRUCKS INTO THE LEFT LANE, TRUCKS ARE SUPPOSED TO STAY TO THE RIGHT.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  9. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
    Holy run-on sentence Batman! Use a period now and then maybe...Think OF THE CHILDREN!!!!! LOL :biggrin_25523:

tucker and scottied67 Thank this.
  10. albert l

albert l Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2013
    On the Road
    How about theorizing that the first car slowed down for the approaching curve. That lead car may not have even looked at what was going on behind them. The more I see this video I just shake my head at what a knucklehead the trucker was, just thankful that he did not kill the driver he hit.
    I am only a little over 18 months into my new career, before I decided to embark on my new career I was a 4 wheeler oblivious to how many trucks that are on the roads let alone what it takes to drive or how much room they need. Problem is the lack of education given to 4 wheelers, we the truckers need to be so defensive or you get in an accident like Mr Hammer down chatting away to the Mrs while not paying attention to his mirrors.

scottied67, Dinomite and tinytim Thank this.
  11. Dinomite

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    You have what it takes to be an awesome driver. Keep up the good work sir. The sad part is all the people with experience who can't see what you see. Don't lose that gift my friend. Merry Christmas

albert l, tinytim and scottied67 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.