Why Did You Quit Schneider?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by 42MPH, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Heavy Load Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    I quit because they wouldn't let me smoke weed in the truck.
    Oh wait a minute....
    I take that back. They fired me for it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    I worked for Schneider for 83 days. #### pay, #### truck, ####ty loads. My 90 day DBL was fantastic and I was home every other weekend. I left to haul tankers for a better company.

izifaddag and Rocknroller4 Thank this.
  4. bbmyls2go

bbmyls2go Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Like a few of the above complaints - I started with a dedicated fleet (GMills) but that closed down and I went Natl. Seemed to become a pinball caught bouncing around New England.
    2008-2010, hired at 39cpm, left at 39cpm, lost benifits, 401k was shut down and they instituted ridiculous idle crap (to have it not count against me I had to call in to report the weather? They have gps, they know where my truck is, they knows its 12 degrees!). Schneider mandated work shoes blistered my feet so bad I lost 3 weeks work. First doc agreed, workers comp. Third week Schneider had me return to same occupational clinic to see the 'regular' doc who was on vaca at the time of my initial consult. He denied WC. To fight it, though I lived in Chattanooga, I would have had to hire a lawyer and go to court in Arkansas where I was assigned to a W Memphis dbl.
    Finally, after a week of NJ to Maine, to Mass. To NJ, to Rhode Island ... I had a planned long weekend off at Carlisle. They demanded I do a sleep test on MY time off and refused to compensate me for it. I packed up (had a van there) and quit on the spot. I see them STILL showing 39cpm for hiring. Their loss.

Lonesome and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  5. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Never drove for them....but a lot of these horror stories sound like my experience with J.B. Hunt...so I kinda feel I did.

6. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Come on the truth is your talents are being wasted as a truck driver have a go at short story writing i'm sure RD are looking for more. although i'm also getting the vibe you don't like the color orange either.

7. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    I worked a dedicated reefer account for 4months. Wasn't too bad, nothing to write home about though. Got along great with everyone in office staff except for one lady. She would always talk down to me. Whatever. Trucks were slow, cut way back on power, couldn't imagine trying to run otr like that. There seemed to be a lot of students coming on or through. Wouldn't be to bad of a job for a rookie. If you were willing to drive you could make so so money I was able to gross approximately 1150-1250/week. 6/2 schedule. I lived close enough that I could make it home 1-2 times during work week. I really didn't care for some of Schneider asinine safety/rules. I had been driving for 9+ years so Of course I had according to them bad habits such as shifting while going through Intersection, driving one handed, resting right hand on shifter, making turn in high range(6-7 gear) yada yada. Overall nothing to major. Didn't try to screw me over or anything, no ball busting or bogus write ups. I make it through account every once in a while i say hi to all of them and everyone still seems friendly. Just couldn't pass up job opportunity that came available to me.

8. 51.50

51.50 Heavy Load Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Salem Oregon
    I would have to verify what 42mph said about the weekly mileage. I got the same. Slow repairs in the shop also true. I experienced 90% live load and unload with a minimum 4 hours on each end, some as long as 8 hours, average 6 hours on each end. Never paid one penny for delay. I was western regional. They kept that promise. They would have me pick up a 900 mile load, drop it in the yard then give me a 250 load to pickup and deliver. Long wait time on every load. I could go on but you get the picture. I never had anyone call / complain about my driving habits.

Surfer Joe and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  9. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    I was an IC, went there with my truck, didn't borrow or finance anything from SNI. My biggest problem was they always wanted to hold on to my money, i.e: maintenance account, not mandatory but "for my convenience ,if I needed money I could call and get a comcheck, 2290 filing, withhold x$ a week in advance until paid, and other chicken###t stuff. everything they did for "my convenience" resulted in them holding my money. The last disagreement my ICA and I had over this I said If I held all of my money I don't have to call and beg for it. That and total lack of weekend support.

diesel drinker and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  10. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Always keep a can of black spray paint with you.
    Cover up that 800 number on the back of the trailer.
    Just like the driver facing camera,it doesn't do anything
    But bad things for the driver.

Me or anybody else could call that number
    And make something up just for sh!ts and giggles.

Auctioneer and Canned Spam Thank this.
  11. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I've always enjoyed driving but really have no desire to live in the truck. Got tired of staying out for two weeks. I spent a few years there and overall it was okay. Funny thing is that Schneider today pays the same as we were making a decade ago. Life has gotten more expensive in the last 10 years. There's no need to sacrifice anything in life, if you're willing to work hard.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.