Why do some Fail @ Mercer

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by mtoo, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Sirroccco

Sirroccco Bobtail Member

Nov 25, 2015
    San Antonio Tx
    I ve.thought about the coordinator,mine looks like as unexperienced (in Mercer) as I am,it is really tough and it s been since day 1,almost a month of $ 700.00 a week,I just won t do the .90 cpm loads,I mean I d do them if they 'd put me in a better area,but it s just bad on both ends...I am not bitter or angry at Mercer bc it is a fine,safety minded co.I guess I just didn t do my homework before I came over,it s flatbed paradise here, but I am van...anyway thanks for listening and not calling me names,I guess part of me just wanted to release some stress,I ll follow thru on your advice on Monday and thanks again.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FLFrenchie

FLFrenchie Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2009
    yeah, minus mercer cut and all the other cuts...lets not overblow ones stack

4. Sirroccco

Sirroccco Bobtail Member

Nov 25, 2015
    San Antonio Tx
    Thanks,I took loads to FL ann N.Y. on advice of my coordinator,and you are right,I acknowledge I am ignorant of the traffic lanes,where not to go or be aware about going,I ve paid dearly to learn my lessons,I only wish there was some one not to hold my hand,I don t need that,but to provide info when I ask and help me make a more informed decision,not some one who makes me feel I am bothering or sends me straight to hold every time I call,that s operational procedures,but it adds to the feeling of feeling lost in a load menu of uncertainty and possibility...Thanks.

5. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Nope. All the cuts are already taken out when we talk money. it's not like other places that talk gross money.

6. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Sirrocco, I'd offer to help, but being on the flat side there is only so much help I can give. You really need to get ahold of someone doing well on the van side. Texas seems very happy, and cj has door slammin buddies. And if all else fails, call driver relations and ask for help. Ask about that new mentoring program.

Truckin_Texas91411 Thanks this.
  7. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    You ant got a clue, junior, there ant no more cuts when we talk money

8. FLFrenchie

FLFrenchie Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2009
    lots of cuts at mercer and others. snip, snip, snip

9. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Ofcourse. They get their percentage. But when we speak money, that is AFTER those cuts. not minus those cuts like you tried to say in your previous post.

fivestar and Old - School Thank this.
  10. TaylorMade407

TaylorMade407 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Orlando,FL
    Just an overall breakdown is this. Only use your Coord for fuel money and that's it. Tell him/her you want your preferences set at let's say nothing less than 1.50 per mile and your D/H set at 300 ( just an example) And check out everything matching to you. Also book all your loads on your own. If your not sure how to self dispatch then your in a world of hurt and you'll need to message Texas over on the mercer thread and have him explain where the good van freight is. Take what you've learned from this thread and move forward and don't look back

fivestar and Truckin_Texas91411 Thank this.
  11. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    Like I said you don't have a clue,

larry2903 and spyder7723 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.