Why they're called suicide coils

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Bud A., Oct 20, 2018.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    One little thing.

NOT A #### THING SECURING THEM TO THE DECKING. Bouncy bouncy they go laughing all the way.

Once the victims get the lawsuiting started with that as evidence, the company might as well sign lock stock and barrel all it's monies, cash, assets, and property plus lands and so on over to these poor people they hit.

3. Cam Roberts

Cam Roberts Road Train Member

May 13, 2018
    Awesome video thanks.
    Why don’t they load those things laying down? Surely someone could figure out a way to load and unload them

4. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    They were probably just taking them a couple blocks from one yard to another. Just drive careful and you'll be fine.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  5. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    No need to lay them down if you secure them. Look at the truck to the right. He is carrying the same thing but they dont move. Enough chain and binders and they stay just fine where the factory loads them.

6. hagarcobra

hagarcobra Medium Load Member

May 24, 2013
    I bet he doesn't do that again.

mjd4277, lovesthedrive, tucker and 2 others Thank this.
  7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Minor incident on my DAC; does anyone know which company will hire me?

Cattleman84, mjd4277, Bud A. and 5 others Thank this.
  8. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Oh. Well. How did that work out?

Bud A. Thanks this.
  9. KnowJesus

KnowJesus Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2018
    Chinatown: As I understand things, DAC is owned now by "HireRight". I have a good record, but because of this, i've been unemployed 3.5 yrs. I got a copy of my "record" so-called, from them. They do not have a single company I worked for on it. I filed a formal complaint, nothing was changed. If you can lease on w/a good company as an O/O, that may be better. I know I have to tell every prospective employer about this because they seem to all go to this 'company' for the PSP. Because they own DAC, it is my opinion they change driver records so THEY decide who gets hired & who doesn't, and women are the first to get weeded out.

Chinatown: After women drivers, American men are weeded out next. Not that I endorse this trucking company, but Seward Motor Freight pays no att'n to PSP, which SHOULD be done by ANY company. You have to check them out yourself. Good luck to you.☺

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2018
  10. CraigInReston

CraigInReston Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2017
    I haul large coil similar to this on a regular basis. This driver was obviously trying to "save time" by not securing his load. Probably only transporting a few city blocks. But what a dick. He/she is not only looking at insecure load charges, but 100% responsible for all damages, and endangering pubic safety. Drivers like this, give the rest of us a very bad name. I hope they make an example of him/her in court.

MartinFromBC, Xeno124 and Bud A. Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.