Why you like Western Star?

Discussion in 'Western Star Forum' started by AlexCarHauler, Nov 25, 2014.

1. AlexCarHauler

AlexCarHauler Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Brooklyn NY
    Hi Guys! Just ordered new truck, WS 4900FS Lowmax with ISX 500 and 18sp. I has choose between Pete 389 and Star,but after test drive i prefer WS over Pete(realy like looking,but Star ride more comfy), also drive 379 now. wanna know yours review about Stars. Just worry if i not make mistake in my choose. IMG_0380.JPG

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    If you choose it, then it's not a mistake because you want it. Honestly I don't know much about western, but to me they are pretty rare to see(Chicago) I like it

4. leftlanetruckin

leftlanetruckin Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Mo Via Blackpool,Lancs.
    Build quality is pretty much way beyond anything else these days. Pete and KW used to use real materials all inside, but are now all plastic that will break and snap within a few years. They went for a fleet sale, and the only way you do that is by dropping the price. Lower prices = lower quality.
    You will love it.

Martin

Puppage and AlexCarHauler Thank this.
  5. AlexCarHauler

Apr 8, 2013
    Brooklyn NY
    yeah, its was hard choice,i'm really like 389,i was between this trucks about one year, and finely just call to dealer and orderet WS. in my type of rig i wanna a little be more room and WS is very quiet

6. leftlanetruckin

Mar 12, 2009
    Mo Via Blackpool,Lancs.
    They are solid, period.
    I would really have to come along a killer deal to get me out of a WS 4900 anymore. The interior room, wood and not plastic cabinets, screw together dashboard, waterproof switches, and so on, aren't offered by any other truck maker that I know of.

Martin

7. AlexCarHauler

Apr 8, 2013
    Brooklyn NY
    Yep, i know your story and remember ,how some idiot, on truck stop, put "scratch" on your baby. I like color of your rig,but i'm ordered black, because truck all ready done, just sent to car hauler factory for built hedrack and trailer

leftlanetruckin Thanks this.
  8. AlexCarHauler

Apr 8, 2013
    Brooklyn NY
    i googled a lot about Stars,but not much stories about them

9. leftlanetruckin

Mar 12, 2009
    Mo Via Blackpool,Lancs.
    Their market share is @2%. The folks that buy them are repeat customers for the most part. This came from the WS dealer I got mine from.
    So no, not a lot about them anywhere really. They have niggles, anything does, but they are more manageable ones IMHO.
    What dealer did you get it from? I noticed The Truck Shop had some car haulers for sale a while back, but in a different state.

Martin

10. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

I like the ROOM in the cab , has actual space between the seats , get decent resale value , actually just sold a 2008 to a 5 time PETE 379 owner and he loves the WS

11. AlexCarHauler

Apr 8, 2013
    Brooklyn NY

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.