Wifi to multi hotspots???

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by MidWest_MacDaddy, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Lunatic Fringe

Lunatic Fringe Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Visible is an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) 100% owned by Verizon. Uses Verizon towers. It was the cheapest unlimited way to get on the Verizon network I could find. The sim is the little card that lets your phone (or router) on the network.

I recommend that you try before you buy. If you already have a Verizon compatible cell phone just go to Visible.com and sign up for a plan. Their only plan is $40/mo unlimited (more on pricing later). Sign up telling them you already have a phone and they’ll send you the sim. There’s a tool on the site to check if your phone will work on their network. No Verizon phone? No problem! You can either buy a new phone from them for <$100 or send them an old phone and they’ll send you a new phone (ZTE Blade A5) with a sim for FREE!

Now that you have your phone and sim put the sim in the phone and activate it - it’s pretty much automatic after you turn the phone on. You can link one device to your phone with bluetooth or a cable. Laptop, tablet, desktop doesn’t matter. It’s non-denominational - Android/Apple/Windows all work. Check out the coverage in your area. Make sure the data speeds work for your needs. Satisfied? THEN you can drop $299-$650 on a router. Just pull the sim from the phone and put it in the router.

I can’t get you the $25/mo deal because you don’t work for my company. The way Visible prices is a little different -

1 line $40/mo
    2 lines $35/mo each
    3 lines $30/mo each
    4 or more lines $25/mo each

Unlike the other carriers YOU don’t have to own all the lines to get the discount. You can start a club, invite someone else to join you then you both get the discount. Say you have two lines @ $35/mo. You invite your neighbor to join through your club and he gets 1 line. Your lines now cost you $30/mo each and so does his. He doesn’t see your bill you don’t see his. If he pays his bill late it doesn’t affect your credit or service. If he leaves Visible for some reason your lines go back up to $35/mo.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    Dieselboss Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I can't remember the name.

Rvs used an obd2 plug for internet. It's a mobile hotspot for cars. You buy an adapter and could plug it in to any 12v socket. There was also a 120v adapter.

The service was $20 month unlimited. ATT.

I bought one outright so I didn't have to contract. Used it for a couple months.

It's what got me to switch from Verizon. Way better service.

I don't know if those plans are still offered.
    Could look at getting a tablet also. I have a Samsung tab A. It was also $20 unlimited ATT. $200 outright.

The whole 5g thing is supposed to be a game changer as far as speeds and plans go. Whether It's actually going to better as far as reach remains to be seen. But that's where I would look in to.

4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Looks like the challenge is going to be finding something in stock.

Can't even find plan pricing because nothing is in stock to even order.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.