wil-Trans Springfield MO

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by smooth_101, Mar 30, 2008.

1. smooth_101

smooth_101 Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Albany, NY
    HELLO DRIVERS

Im hitting the big road this week, BACK WITH WIL TRANS

If your still with them, leave me your truck number, ill be looking for my forum friends out there.....

KEEP IT SAFE

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mike91118

mike91118 Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2010
    clarksville,tennessee
    what are the specs on there trucks what kind of trucks do they have do they have a riders program

4. Drive-a-Mack

Drive-a-Mack Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Eugene, OR via Lincoln, NE
    ..that's BS big wheels, I'm 5'9 & weighed 155# but since I've been here in OR I've dropped 15# & I'm definitely not overweight; so if anything you would be considered under weight! All they should be considering as far as health goes is your BP, blood sugar levels & any medication you might be taking now, this height to weight standard is bogus.. and their 15 month training program is bogus too; 6 months training should be the max, if you can't drive a company truck solo after 6 months you dont belong in trucking unless they want you to drive all 50 states! :biggrin_25524: (well you never know everything about trucking no matter how long you've been driving)..

..look at the Watkins-Shepard thread, I thought taking CDL grads & putting them in orientation for 10 days then handing them the keys to their own truck was just the opposite, too little training but it seems to be working ok for them or their safe-stat scores would be off the charts.. :biggrin_25511:

5. RECON08

RECON08 Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Hudsonville, MI
    Wil Trans is a o/o company started by former Prime lease drivers. Now Prime supplies them the trucks and the frieght. Wil trans now offers company and training as well as lease, but my whole time I was in springfield for my biggest mistake of going to Prime, I never heard 1 good thing from any wil trans drivers that were there. you see them at the Oasis Campus hotel and now and then in the Prime yard. My trainer training time was 30 days with the trainner, we never ran as a team ever. Now, 3yrs later and 450,000 safe miles, trust me, you dont need more then that for training and I sure as hell wouldn't go to no company that I have to be on truck training for 6 mths or a yr, and heres the catch on that, after week 1, your done training, your now a team trk running team miles and frieght, and your getting student pay.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  6. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    Is that with wil-trans that there training is that long?

7. THD

THD Light Load Member

May 2, 2010
    Granit Falls, NC
    I just got off the phone with them & was toold the following:

Since I just re-obtained my CDL, I'd have to go into their student program. (15mo contract with a payroll deduction of $25 / week to help recover their training costs)

would be at theri yard from 1 - 2 weeks learning things "Their Way" - They wouold provide both Breakfast & lunch.

Would then be placed with a "trainer" for about 3 weeks. For the first wekk or two, we would be running at a solo or until the trainer felt comfortable with me, at which time we would then be driving as a team.

In 4 - 5 weeks, I would then be teamed up with another driver, at which time, we would run as a team for the remainder of that 15 mo contract. At the end of that contract, I could then choose to go either lease or solo "If it were avail at that time"

Would need a minimum of $300 untill I got my first pay check in order to cover my meals (to be expected)
    Would have to pay $132.00 for my TWIC - OK

Since I got off the phone with them, I've been looking around on here seeing as to what I can dig up, and so far, all I've seen is more negatives than positives. For one, I feel that if at any time you have to pay someone to work for them, regardless of how much money it is, something is wrong in denmark. One should never have to pay another to work for them. PERIOD.

Unless I find more info that showes that the positives out weigh the Negs, I'll be running from them, Fast~~~

trucker43 Thanks this.
  8. Fr8train

Fr8train Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Phoenix,AZ
    I have 7 years experiance driving but have been out for some time most companies will not approve me because of the GAP. But 3 have approved me USA truck, Wil Trans and Mesillavalley transport. Of these three does anyone have any info on these that is current would b e appreciated. i know they r all starter outfits and nothing good really comes out of drivers about them just trying to make the best educated decision in picking the lesser of three evils thanks for any info.

9. psycho

psycho Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2010
    texas
    any will tran drivers here. ill be starting jan 9th with them.if u guys ever need computer help programs r help in general im allways willing to help shoot me email psycho@davidk.tk my website is http://davidkelly.tk/ look forward to meeting you guys and gals b safe

10. n1xrf

n1xrf Light Load Member

Jul 18, 2011
    somewhere in the USA
    Any updates from any current Wil-Trans drivers?? Ive talked to a recruiter there and what he has told me is different than I have read on here. Im a 3 1/2 yr experienced driver currently driving regional. Ive been told that I will not have to go thu their training program. Just 2 1/2 days of onbarding, get issued a truck, then a load heading towards the house soI can load my crap into it. Is this hows its actually working now or is someone blowing smoke?? Thanks

dennisroc Thanks this.
  11. free spirited1

free spirited1 Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    So what's the latest on the company, good , bad or indifferent?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.