wil-Trans Springfield MO

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by smooth_101, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Hoodoo Voodoo

Hoodoo Voodoo Medium Load Member

Just in case anybody was wondering out there I spoke with a recruiter today from wil trans. As far as going out with a trainer for 6 months and then turning around and coming up with another student for another 9 months for a grand total of 15 months of training that's BS.... maybe they used to do it that way but they no longer operate that way I was told that their training routine now is 40000 miles with a trainer then you fly solo also you don't get paid a student's wage while you're running that 40000 it's a cents per mile unfortunately I didn't get a chance to get that information as important as it is I just ran out of time on the phone with the recruiter but I will be speaking with him again tomorrow Saturday that is. But if we don't touch base tomorrow I will definitely be speaking with him on Monday so if anybody has any questions that they would like me to find out for them go ahead and tag this post and I'll be happy to find out for you but that's all the info I really have until tomorrow

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. free spirited1

free spirited1 Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    Your choice but I tell them cya , dude 6 / 15 months training!!! what!!!...your choice for sure but most others don't require anywhere near that....been driving many years myself, but that is just crazy crazy.

4. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Is that 40000 combined miles or just yours?

5. Hoodoo Voodoo

Hoodoo Voodoo Medium Load Member

There's no 15 months of training with a trainer according to some of the other posts on this thread maybe that's the way that used to do it 15 month training course but I was told buy a recruiter that works for them and has worked there for a number of years that that's not their system now. The recruiter told me the way it works now if you go out with the trainer and run 40000 miles when you complete that your training is over and at that point you can go solo or run a team with someone now I was told that's how they operate now

6. free spirited1

free spirited1 Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    I wish you the best on 40000 miles of trainer. cya on up the road

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.