Working for FedEx CC Owner! Question

Discussion in 'FedEx' started by TruckerBill88, Oct 25, 2015.

1. TruckerBill88

TruckerBill88 Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Texas
    Hey guy's i know there is a couple posts about the FedEx CC side but nothing really answered what i was looking for, is there anyone here actually working for a Contractor leased on to FedEx CC as team drivers ? and are you making a decent pay check

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Couger

Couger Light Load Member

May 24, 2011
    See the thread "FedEx Custom Critical here we come! "
    Mis elvee and her hubby were exactly that. A team working for an owner.

She never posted what she was getting paid. The miles were so low that it probably was not much.

I am an owner/driver. I pay my co-driver 34% of the total trip pay minus fuel surcharge and tolls. FDCC has sooooo many fees and charges that it winds up closer to half the final settlement amount. I seriously doubt many owners could or would pay like that. I do it because he is also my mechanic and gives me a big discount on labor for repairs.

Of the three teams that quit the 2 days I was there for additional training, two were working for owners. Mis elvee was one of those. Brass tax= the pay per mile averages out to 1.80ish but the miles average out to 2700 or less and charges/fees average out to $175 a week. Adding fuel, OCC/ACC insurance, break down fund, plus a truck payment into the calculations; there just is not much left to pay a driver.

LoneCowboy Thanks this.
  4. sdsurfer77

sdsurfer77 Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2016
    I drive for FED EX ground right now for a month and looking to leave asap.

Im in teams and ive only been taking home around $600 weekly except one week i took 300 because of a breakdown for 2 days, was required to get my own hotel room too. So i really took closer to 200 that week. Getting miles only about 4000 and at 40cpm it is like i might as well go work in any other industry. Im still searching if there are trucking jobs that can get me taking home $1,000 weekly or more. I have heard the stories of people taking home $1,200 or more weekly. But not sure where at and what all factors in. Working 12 to 14 hours daily for that pay really sucks. I don't even have a prepass because i realized they didnt want to put money in keeping the truck moving because the scales just wave you through as long as you stop at the stop signs, go the speed limit posted.

5. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    Wow SD, you're really getting screwed.
    Before you leave I'd have a talk with the owner.

I ran teams for a contractor at FXG and take home after taxes for me was normally $900+

You need to get on a better route.
    40cpm for a team isn't great, I was getting high 40's but I was also on a dedicated route. M-F my co-driver and I would tear down 5500-6000 miles, that made for a nice paycheck to play with Friday and Saturday night

6. sdsurfer77

sdsurfer77 Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Let me say this. I had a long talk and i saw how mean and big headed they really are. I cant post what happened here but i can say, its a place i will eventually put on glassdoor telling my story. Im looking to find a contractor out of Temecula, Ca but my craigslist post isn't finding the contractors in that area specifically. My second option is to find any out of rialto or city of industry. If you know any contractors out of Temecula, Ca please let me know. I found one out of moreno valley, which is next ideal location but not sure if they pay well but only trusting there arent as many bad ones as the one im with now.

I am actually supposed to be on a dedicated going out but once out, it all changes. Even the dedicated out is only about 1k miles

Im even considering trucking solo for pacific western

7. DNH

DNH Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2017
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.